The Student Room Group

Oxford History Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys does anyone want to try and organise meeting up regardless of college so we can all get to know each other? Will probably be like an evening as I doubt they'll hold interviews then and also gives us a bit of a break from the stress!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by millieellen
Hey guys does anyone want to try and organise meeting up regardless of college so we can all get to know each other? Will probably be like an evening as I doubt they'll hold interviews then and also gives us a bit of a break from the stress!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Purple Turtle 8:00PM Thursday? :biggrin:

On a more serious note, I'm still waiting for a reply so can't guarantee, but it would be awesome for us TSR historians to have a little gathering. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah I think that's a good idea! When we all know our timetables next week it'd be nice to get together for a little historian solidarity meet up lol
How is everyone going about preparing for interviews?
Just received an interview from Wadham for single honours History:biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Congrats to my fellow historians - see you at Wadham next week! :smile:
Original post by qwertyasdfghj
How is everyone going about preparing for interviews?

Re-reading books and watching lectures on YouTube

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by the-sundance-kid
Just received an interview from Wadham for single honours History

Original post by Kenzienza
Congrats to my fellow historians - see you at Wadham next week! :smile:

Just got one too! See you all there! :biggrin:
Should we get some sort of event/group on Facebook sorted out? That way it should be easy for us to coordinate meeting up, as well as keeping in touch post-interview?
Original post by drumsticks
Should we get some sort of event/group on Facebook sorted out? That way it should be easy for us to coordinate meeting up, as well as keeping in touch post-interview?

great idea!! :smile:

Yes!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just created a page (sorry for stealing your limelight @drumsticks !! you can create a better one if you like! :P ) the link is here https://www.facebook.com/oxfordhistoryapplicants2016/?skip_nax_wizard=true xxx
Just got one too! See you all there! :biggrin:

And hey congrats so happy for you! Even though these interviews will be stressful at least we'll have something to be social!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lauren54321
Just created a page (sorry for stealing your limelight @drumsticks !! you can create a better one if you like! :P ) the link is here https://www.facebook.com/oxfordhistoryapplicants2016/?skip_nax_wizard=true xxx

Aha no problem at all! All I would have done is made it a private group, just so that we could all feel a little more exclusive :P

And hey congrats so happy for you! Even though these interviews will be stressful at least we'll have something to be social!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Amen to that!

Amended link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/558836207601854/
@kit97
@IzzySaskia

@Phoebe654
@antigone-
@SaxMan97
@itspubu
@MouseyBrown
@TheBilboBaggins
(edited 8 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds like fun! :smile:
I definitely, definitely am overthinking this... But I suppose, if you're gonna overthink stuff, Oxford is the place to do it, so...

In terms of clothes, are you guys gonna have like a set of 'interview clothes' separate from stuff you'll be wearing when just chilling out? I just don't wanna overpack/look silly changing in and out of outfits like some budget Superman.

PS: I know it doesn't matter in the slightest.
Original post by TheBilboBaggins
I definitely, definitely am overthinking this... But I suppose, if you're gonna overthink stuff, Oxford is the place to do it, so...

In terms of clothes, are you guys gonna have like a set of 'interview clothes' separate from stuff you'll be wearing when just chilling out? I just don't wanna overpack/look silly changing in and out of outfits like some budget Superman.

PS: I know it doesn't matter in the slightest.

believe me everyone understands, even though we all know by know that it fully doesn't matter at all. Personally I'm wearing black jeans, a jumper and/or shirt and brogues. It's pretty similar to what I wear to sixth form anyway (but swap the brogues for Docs). I'm probably going to travel in a tshirt and hoodie and pack an extra tshirt in case. I don't think anyone'll care if you change your outfit after, since the suit and tie people might do that as well.
Original post by magic_is_might
believe me everyone understands, even though we all know by know that it fully doesn't matter at all. Personally I'm wearing black jeans, a jumper and/or shirt and brogues. It's pretty similar to what I wear to sixth form anyway (but swap the brogues for Docs). I'm probably going to travel in a tshirt and hoodie and pack an extra tshirt in case. I don't think anyone'll care if you change your outfit after, since the suit and tie people might do that as well.

Okay, thank goodness I'm not alone. Cheers :smile:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/558836207601854/

Join this for the meetup! This should be a little easier as 1. It's a closed group 2. Everyone can see all the posts
https://www.facebook.com/groups/558836207601854/

Join this for the meetup! This should be a little easier as 1. It's a closed group 2. Everyone can see all the posts

Should be fun! :smile: Im oddly excited for next week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending