The Student Room Group

Finding C3 Difficult

Hi, I've had a few mocks on C3 and so far I've been getting Es and Us and I don't understand why! I understand the content but I find the application of it so difficult but I'm getting an A in D1 :/. Does anyone know how to fix this it's bringing me really down!
Reply 1
Original post by OutoftheWoods
Hi, I've had a few mocks on C3 and so far I've been getting Es and Us and I don't understand why! I understand the content but I find the application of it so difficult but I'm getting an A in D1 :/. Does anyone know how to fix this it's bringing me really down!

Practice the review exercises from the book, booklets from madasmaths.com and exam questions from past papers. If you struggle in a topic go to ExamSolutions.net and find some videos on it. You can even ask here if you have a question.
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
Practice the review exercises from the book, booklets from madasmaths.com and exam questions from past papers. If you struggle in a topic go to ExamSolutions.net and find some videos on it. You can even ask here if you have a question.

Thank you I'll try that now. It's just some C3 papers e.g. January 2012 and June 2015 have unusual context and it really throws me!
Reply 3
Thank you I'll try that now. It's just some C3 papers e.g. January 2012 and June 2015 have unusual context and it really throws me!

Didn't both those papers have forgiving boundaries?
Reply 4

Are there any topics that are particularly challenging for you in papers (just wondering as usually people struggle with trig identities and range/domain stuff)? June 2015 was a very hard paper relatively speaking, personally I don't think it was that far behind the monstrous June 2013.

They haven't stated a board. No need to frighten them.

No idea, I think so but still it worries me.

Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Are there any topics that are particularly challenging for you in papers (just wondering as usually people struggle with trig identities and range/domain stuff)? June 2015 was a very hard paper relatively speaking, personally I don't think it was that far behind the monstrous June 2013.

I think remembering the identities is one thing and sometimes the range/domain stuff does lose me a bit. Usually it's bit and bobs there that sometimes I trip over but that's always been an issue until I've thoroughly revised it but mainly it's the application, some questions just I look at and they weirdly enough frighten me haha. I'll have a look at June 2013 now.

Original post by morgan8002
They haven't stated a board. No need to frighten them.

It's Edexcel haha.
If your mocks were Es and Us and they were past papers then I would suggest practicing more of each topic, particularly the ones that require more understanding (the mixed exercise questions for example).

Also, look at each mock and revisit thte qustions that you did wrong, and attempt them again before marking it yourself, and check where you were losing marks and whether it's clear to you now how to approach a similar question in the future.

And an A at D1 at this stage is very good, so well done :borat:
Original post by SeanFM
If your mocks were Es and Us and they were past papers then I would suggest practicing more of each topic, particularly the ones that require more understanding (the mixed exercise questions for example).

Also, look at each mock and revisit thte qustions that you did wrong, and attempt them again before marking it yourself, and check where you were losing marks and whether it's clear to you now how to approach a similar question in the future.

And an A at D1 at this stage is very good, so well done :borat:

Yeah it's just predicted grades and etc for uni it's worrying me haha but thank you, it means a lot, and I find D1 particularly making sense to me it's just one of those units that comes naturally to me.

Quick Reply

Latest