The Student Room Group

NHS Values/The 6 Cs

Hello all!

Does anybody know whether I should focus on the core NHS values or the 6 Cs (or both!) for my nursing interviews? I have been told by some that I won't be asked about the 6 Cs as these have been replaced by the NHS values, however others have said that I will need to know about the 6 Cs which has confused me :s-smilie:
My first interview is on the 1st December so I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help clear this up for me before then :smile:
I am applying for Diagnostic Radiography and this was my advice to others, just learn the values and prove that you care and believe in them! :smile:

Don't worry too much about the NHS values, I'm recently employed in the NHS and waiting for my interviews for Radiography too, basically the values are just as simple as showing that you care for the patient, colleagues and the NHS itself, that you are committed to the job and providing the best patient care and how you can work well with colleagues and patients alike and are prepared to improve and expand in the future.

I honestly think anyone who wishes to be part of a healthcare profession holds these values anyway, just be true to yourself and remember it is about providing the best for those in your care no matter who they are
Thanks a lot!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending