The Student Room Group

This was quite possibly the date from hell.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Danz123
lol I wish that would happen to me :frown: I live in London too btw, and yep it's true how utterly miserable we all look.

yeah it actually is
everyone looks depressed

but loads of funny things happen on my bus
there was some kid that was climbing all over the chairs and poles and stuff (he was like what 7?) and he came up to my friend and said "hey!" and she was like .. hi?

then his mum from all the way across the bus goes "JOOHHNNAAAYYYYYY"
and the whole bus bursts out laughing
then johnny realises he reached his stop

he turns around once again to my friend, takes her hand and says "you're coming with me"

my friend was just like 0_0 but i've got school! i can't!

and he was like "no i want you to come with me! please!"

then his mum, again "JOHHNNAYYY WE'RE GETTING OFFF"

then he turns... one last time
and says "you better be here tomorrow okay? promise?"

my friend promised and johnny waved goodbye and left :tongue:

everyone was laughing and we just became a huge friendship group on the bus hahaha

sadly we didn't see Johnny the next morning :tongue:
Original post by Danz123
lol, well now I know how much that pisses you off, I'll avoid doing so on our date then. :wink:

Hahahaha, I kid of course. But seriously, where is this weird guy from? :lol:

Lmao. Well I met him on way home from work one day. We live in London.
Reply 42
Original post by phunky_fresh
Oh i live in London too. I know what you mean though, although it's usually people in the older generation that end up talking to me. Never made any friends on public transport.

hmmm that's true older people like having conversations

older people may have nice children/ grandchildren though :tongue:

nah im kidding but i've had a few people talk to me on the bus! ... they weren't nice though 0_0 quite creepy in fact but hey it happens haha
Original post by z33
yeah it actually is
everyone looks depressed

but loads of funny things happen on my bus
there was some kid that was climbing all over the chairs and poles and stuff (he was like what 7?) and he came up to my friend and said "hey!" and she was like .. hi?

then his mum from all the way across the bus goes "JOOHHNNAAAYYYYYY"
and the whole bus bursts out laughing
then johnny realises he reached his stop

he turns around once again to my friend, takes her hand and says "you're coming with me"

my friend was just like 0_0 but i've got school! i can't!

and he was like "no i want you to come with me! please!"

then his mum, again "JOHHNNAYYY WE'RE GETTING OFFF"

then he turns... one last time
and says "you better be here tomorrow okay? promise?"

my friend promised and johnny waved goodbye and left :tongue:

everyone was laughing and we just became a huge friendship group on the bus hahaha

sadly we didn't see Johnny the next morning :tongue:

Oh damn, a whole story, me like. haha

That sounds cool, but it just sucks how (especially people you find attractive) just don't talk to you in London or that pretty much noone has any sense of I guess community or even empathy really.
Lmao. Well I met him on way home from work one day. We live in London.

Oh damn... so you're saying him publicly approaching you worked? Well, until the date that is lmao. I've never heard of that working really, thought women hated it. I've never done it myself, due to not having the guts and being very afraid of a bad reaction (which the majority of people say is likely if you approach women on the street).

Hey guys, why aren't we doing like a TSR meet up or something? We all live in London lol
Reply 45
Original post by Danz123
Oh damn, a whole story, me like. haha

That sounds cool, but it just sucks how (especially people you find attractive) just don't talk to you in London or that pretty much noone has any sense of I guess community or even empathy really.

haha i'm glad :tongue:
true that everyone is so cold - don't know why

i only moved here when I was 10, lived in a small town in the netherlands before and everyone knew each other and was so friendly :smile:

guess it's because London isn't known for being the safest city and stranger danger you know?
kinda sad though. I try to smile at people when i pass them by or make eye contact so they know i come in peace :3
Original post by z33
hmmm that's true older people like having conversations

older people may have nice children/ grandchildren though :tongue:

nah im kidding but i've had a few people talk to me on the bus! ... they weren't nice though 0_0 quite creepy in fact but hey it happens haha

Lol I never think that far. I've met the creepiest guys out and about. There was one guy who tried to get me to come to his flat the first time we spoke , another wouldn't stop calling me at the same time every single Saturday for about a month, then there was another guy I met that spoke about his ex so much and he left a 10 minute voicemail telling me all about his day and how ill he was. I didn't give out my phone number for years. I think I'm just going to buy a cheap phone for the next time I meet someone, until I'm sure they aren't a creep.

The guy I mentioned in my original post just called me. I was just telling my mum that he didn't have the decency to see if I got home safe and 4 hours later he calls me smh.
Reply 47
Original post by Danz123
Oh damn... so you're saying him publicly approaching you worked? Well, until the date that is lmao. I've never heard of that working really, thought women hated it. I've never done it myself, due to not having the guts and being very afraid of a bad reaction (which the majority of people say is likely if you approach women on the street).

Hey guys, why aren't we doing like a TSR meet up or something? We all live in London lol

haha i swear people tried that in the past? like a month or so ago? dunno how that turned out haha

yeah as a woman it's pretty creepy when a guy approaches you on the street, but maybe that's because both times were uncomfortable, bad experiences ._.

but i think if you say something like "bad weather huh?" and her mouth opens like a tap then you're good but if you're trying to force the conversation it's a bit awkward.
Original post by z33
haha i'm glad :tongue:
true that everyone is so cold - don't know why

i only moved here when I was 10, lived in a small town in the netherlands before and everyone knew each other and was so friendly :smile:

guess it's because London isn't known for being the safest city and stranger danger you know?
kinda sad though. I try to smile at people when i pass them by or make eye contact so they know i come in peace :3

Ah, well must've been a big culture shock for you considering the attitude Londoners have. lol

Yeah true say, but it's still sad, and if there was a sense of community then I bet we'd have much less 'stranger danger' and people would help others in danger. We'd have a sort of united front against crime in London, but of course people just want to be isolated here for some reason.

Haha, smiling is probably a good thing to do. It makes you seem more approachable and friendly. :tongue:
Original post by z33
haha i swear people tried that in the past? like a month or so ago? dunno how that turned out haha

yeah as a woman it's pretty creepy when a guy approaches you on the street, but maybe that's because both times were uncomfortable, bad experiences ._.

but i think if you say something like "bad weather huh?" and her mouth opens like a tap then you're good but if you're trying to force the conversation it's a bit awkward.

lol well we should try it again because I wasn't invited/even knew about the meet up. :lol: I'm just talking about people in London btw so it's convenient for us Londoners who are also TSRians to meet and stuff. We could all take the tube and go to central London and it'd probably be pretty easy.

Yeah I understand that, it can get intimidating. Hence why I don't do it, but the ****ty thing is if you pass women you think are absolutely gorgeous and you know "I will never see or talk to that person because it is socially unacceptable to approach them on the street" you get sad. lol
Reply 50
Lol I never think that far. I've met the creepiest guys out and about. There was one guy who tried to get me to come to his flat the first time we spoke , another wouldn't stop calling me at the same time every single Saturday for about a month, then there was another guy I met that spoke about his ex so much and he left a 10 minute voicemail telling me all about his day and how ill he was. I didn't give out my phone number for years. I think I'm just going to buy a cheap phone for the next time I meet someone, until I'm sure they aren't a creep.

The guy I mentioned in my original post just called me. I was just telling my mum that he didn't have the decency to see if I got home safe and 4 hours later he calls me smh.

wow that's pretty creepy. omg what! ugh just block him.
i had a guy who hugged me and tried to kiss me within like 5 mins of meeting -_-
then he ran off

he just walked down the road with me and i told him i wasn't interested and that i'd call the police if he didn't leave me alone
ugh that was so annoying
people made me tell my head of year cos it happened like on the school road but he was just like "walk with a friend"

and then the other guy kept asking for my number i kept refusing to give it to him, i got off when the train terminated and he didnt get out of the station and just waited for the train going back - so extra haha almost feel bad for him
Original post by Danz123

I hate it with a passion to be honest. I've been trying to be more open minded about meeting people. It seemed to have worked for some of my friends. In the past I've come across far too many creeps, so I didn't give out my number for years until recently. I've seen plenty of men get rejected using the method so kudos to anyone who has the guts. Its no biggy though, there are other ways to meet people.

Sounds like you're are on to something Danz, let me know when you have made the arrangements lol
Reply 52
Original post by Danz123
lol well we should try it again because I wasn't invited/even knew about the meet up. :lol: I'm just talking about people in London btw so it's convenient for us Londoners who are also TSRians to meet and stuff. We could all take the tube and go to central London and it'd probably be pretty easy.

Yeah I understand that, it can get intimidating. Hence why I don't do it, but the ****ty thing is if you pass women you think are absolutely gorgeous and you know "I will never see or talk to that person because it is socially unacceptable to approach them on the street" you get sad. lol

true that
haha why don't you start a thread?

yeah but hey if you only see them once might as well give it a go - esp if they look approachable and smile at you
just be like "you okay? look a bit blue" and then they'd tell you all about how **** their day was and then you can be like awhhh i'm sorry but i'm getting off soon, if you want someone to talk to i could give you my number...

i'm just giving examples of what would work for me haha i'm pretty gullible
Reply 53
I hate it with a passion to be honest. I've been trying to be more open minded about meeting people. It seemed to have worked for some of my friends. In the past I've come across far too many creeps, so I didn't give out my number for years until recently. I've seen plenty of men get rejected using the method so kudos to anyone who has the guts. Its no biggy though, there are other ways to meet people.

Sounds like you're are on to something Danz, let me know when you have made the arrangements lol

yeah haha same most people are probably not like that and it's just our luck :tongue:

but yeah i'm sure you'll find someone like that :3 just keep trying
maybe on TSR ahaha - someone who shares your interests perhaps
or maybe in the soon-to-be-scheduled TSR meetup someone can hook you up :tongue:
Original post by z33
wow that's pretty creepy. omg what! ugh just block him.
i had a guy who hugged me and tried to kiss me within like 5 mins of meeting -_-
then he ran off

he just walked down the road with me and i told him i wasn't interested and that i'd call the police if he didn't leave me alone
ugh that was so annoying
people made me tell my head of year cos it happened like on the school road but he was just like "walk with a friend"

and then the other guy kept asking for my number i kept refusing to give it to him, i got off when the train terminated and he didnt get out of the station and just waited for the train going back - so extra haha almost feel bad for him

My mum just wanted to know what he had to say to be honest, I wasn't going to answer. Lmao I told him I was going to go Tesco to buy somethings after the date, so he was asking what I bought. I was like huh? I went to tesco.. Ohh yeah that's what I told you, then I reeled off a list of things I bought. I hope he doesnt call me from phone number two or three lol.

Ahh you've had your fair share of creeps too. Ugh I remember when a stranger hugged me, I just felt so weird afterwards. Surely your head of year should have taken more of an interest?
Original post by z33
true that
haha why don't you start a thread?

yeah but hey if you only see them once might as well give it a go - esp if they look approachable and smile at you
just be like "you okay? look a bit blue" and then they'd tell you all about how **** their day was and then you can be like awhhh i'm sorry but i'm getting off soon, if you want someone to talk to i could give you my number...

i'm just giving examples of what would work for me haha i'm pretty gullible

Hmm, well if I start a thread wouldn't it take like a really long time to be organised and for all the people to be free to come? I was thinking more us three who know TSR peeps in London can invite them to the meet through texting them, then we could have the meet up organised faster if you see what I mean? Idk to be honest.

Lmao, if only that would work *sigh*. Plus I don't know if I could stand the humiliation of a girl blanking me saying that. Very rarely do people smile at me on the streets, I mean I can't remember the last time a woman (much less an attractive woman) smiled at me while walking by or whatever. Lol but damn if that ever worked I'd be forever thankful to you. :lol:

Ah I see, I usually stick to getting to know mutual friends or meeting people in bars or clubs (yes, not a place to find love, but liquid courage helps mayne). The problem is you come across so many people just walking past you, or on trains or wherever, that it makes you so sad to think that the beautiful woman sitting across from you will never know who you are, because it is socially unacceptable for you to approach. They get off on their stop, and bam it's over for good. Whereas bars and clubs, alcohol means people mingle more, dancing, smoking areas, etc. etc. Plus it's much more accepted to try in placed like that than just on the street.

Ahaha, well as I said to z33, we could all invite TSR peeps we may know in London? I mean that could be cool. I could make a thread but it may take super long to organise many people trying to come.
Reply 57
Original post by Danz123
Hmm, well if I start a thread wouldn't it take like a really long time to be organised and for all the people to be free to come? I was thinking more us three who know TSR peeps in London can invite them to the meet through texting them, then we could have the meet up organised faster if you see what I mean? Idk to be honest.

Lmao, if only that would work *sigh*. Plus I don't know if I could stand the humiliation of a girl blanking me saying that. Very rarely do people smile at me on the streets, I mean I can't remember the last time a woman (much less an attractive woman) smiled at me while walking by or whatever. Lol but damn if that ever worked I'd be forever thankful to you. :lol:

lol idk anyone :/
haaha that would be so awkward but you'd never see her again! haha try it - got nothing to lose but a lot to gain :wink:
Original post by z33
lol idk anyone :/
haaha that would be so awkward but you'd never see her again! haha try it - got nothing to lose but a lot to gain :wink:

Haha fair enough. Well maybe it could be us three? I mean it may be less scary than meeting like 20 TSR people who are all secretly judging one another for their posts and bar rep, and whatever else. :lol:

Dude, if everyone was as chill and cool as you about it then yeah, but they're not. XD
Reply 59
My mum just wanted to know what he had to say to be honest, I wasn't going to answer. Lmao I told him I was going to go Tesco to buy somethings after the date, so he was asking what I bought. I was like huh? I went to tesco.. Ohh yeah that's what I told you, then I reeled off a list of things I bought. I hope he doesnt call me from phone number two or three lol.

Ahh you've had your fair share of creeps too. Ugh I remember when a stranger hugged me, I just felt so weird afterwards. Surely your head of year should have taken more of an interest?

head of year doesnt care about anything tbh and he was just kicked out (after like less than a year of being here) so he really has no ****s left to give haha he's just there until christmas so the school sorts itself out

it did feel weird though, he ran off like straight after by the time i recovered he was like almost at the end so i screamed after him like "GET BACK HERE YOU SOB"
... he didnt come back lol

gosh he wants to know everything about you but doesnt want you to know anything - that is major red flag he's deffo living a double/ triple life

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending