The Student Room Group

where do you guys buy your clothes

do you shop online from cheap shops like aliexpress or eBay and Amazon or do you go to thrift shops near you or do you go to proper stores like M&S and TK Maxx and Debenhams or do you go to cheaper ones like H&M and Matalan and Primark or what?

Best shops? (i.e. best quality and lowest price)

Scroll to see replies

my mum buys them :redface:
I hate clothes shopping lol
Reply 3
I'm not a big fan of clothes shopping, its soo exhausting
I usually just shop online :tongue: my fave is asos
Original post by ivy.98
I'm not a big fan of clothes shopping, its soo exhausting
I usually just shop online :tongue: my fave is asos

Original post by CoolCavy
my mum buys them :redface:

*shopping with parents*
me: Ok I guess these pants and this shirt look okay. I checked them in the mirror. Can we pay now?

them: NOOOOOOOOOO you need to go to the changing room to try them on

fml
Reply 5
Original post by Student403
*shopping with parents*
me: Ok I guess these pants and this shirt look okay. I checked them in the mirror. Can we pay now?

them: NOOOOOOOOOO you need to go to the changing room to try them on

fml

LOL same!! After hours of trying clothes on I feel as if I just completed a workout smh
You can just return them.. -.-
I buy mainly from primark for basics and eBay for bargains. Gotten a few things from everything5pounds.com and sometimes pick up stuff from forever 21, h&m and new look in sales.
Original post by ivy.98
LOL same!! After hours of trying clothes on I feel as if I just completed a workout smh
You can just return them.. -.-

EXACTLY it makes me not want to buy clothes

And I swear to god some changing rooms... What's so hard about installing some proper locks with high walls instead of these sh***y curtains which any old perv can whip open.. Feel so insecure my god...

First world problems to the max

EDIT: 0:30 my WORST nightmare

[video="youtube;7hgP1NuSEpw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hgP1NuSEpw[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)
Topshop, River Island, New Look, ASOS, Whistles, Zara, Mango, Miss Selfridge, Next, Dorothy Perkins, Warehouse, Urban Outfitters, H&M, Monsoon, Allsaints, occasionally Very, M&S. All over the place, I'm really picky so I have to look everywhere before I find something I like lol
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Don't really do it online, have a handful of times but it's a dangerous habit cause I can get quite out of control :tongue:

I don't go clothes shopping often, and when I do I spend <2 minutes in a store if I know I won't like anything.. I really get exhausted from it sometimes ://

Favourite shops:

Burton
Saltrock <3_<3
H&M
River Island
Peacocks is sometimes good for cheap stuff but not primark-cheap-quality.

M&S is good too but quite expensive.
Hate shopping but I prefer to try on before buying so I go like twice a year. Debenhams/John Lewis if I'm looking to buy something to last me a while (coat, nice shoes etc.), otherwise Urban Outfitters, American Eagle, Next, Blue Inc, Topman, JD for trainers.
Reply 11
Original post by Student403
EXACTLY it makes me not want to buy clothes

And I swear to god some changing rooms... What's so hard about installing some proper locks with high walls instead of these sh***y curtains which any old perv can whip open.. Feel so insecure my god...

First world problems to the max

I usually just end up thinking '**** it' and come back home with empty hands lmao

Omgg yes :colonhash: and some of them have some white crap sticked on ffs
When shopping with someone, I just ask them to stand where the slit is, problem solved :yy:

Edit: im even more paranoid now
(edited 8 years ago)
That wonderful place full of memes and malware, called the Internet.
Original post by ivy.98
I usually just end up thinking '**** it' and come back home with empty hands lmao

Omgg yes :colonhash: and some of them have some white crap sticked on ffs
When shopping with someone, I just ask them to stand where the slit is, problem solved :yy:

I sometimes get scared they'll poke their head around and be like "u done yet?" and I'd be like :eek: What white crap you talking about xDD
Original post by z33
do you shop online from cheap shops like aliexpress or eBay and Amazon or do you go to thrift shops near you or do you go to proper stores like M&S and TK Maxx and Debenhams or do you go to cheaper ones like H&M and Matalan and Primark or what?

Best shops? (i.e. best quality and lowest price)

I wouldnt classify H&M as cheap.
Original post by RiahDawson

Or TK Maxx as proper lol. I thought they just took all the surplus/wrongly made clothes and sold them cheap?
Reply 16
Original post by RiahDawson

I meant cheap as in low-price

and H&M has clothes starting at £2 for a top

in stores like Marks and Spencers the same top would be like £7 - £10 !
Original post by Use Err Name
Or TK Maxx as proper lol. I thought they just took all the surplus/wrongly made clothes and sold them cheap?

The stuff they sell in TK Maxx is either surplus stock or last season. Not faulty.
eBay. The thought of wearing dead person clothes which I bought for 1/10 the retail price really makes me happy.
Reply 19
Original post by Use Err Name

Is it? I've gotten loads of stuff from TK Maxx before and it's all well made there's nothing wrong with it...
Shoes are quite good too

got ones very similar to that for £9! But TK Maxx is everywhere and ... idk why i said it was proper lol but I think by that I meant that you see it everywhere like New Look and Forever 21 and stuff and its got stuff ranging from in the pennies to in the thousands so :/

Quick Reply

Latest