The Student Room Group

University of Nottingham engineering and physical sciences foundation year

After not choosing my A-levels very wisely I have decided to apply for the above course and have an offer of BBB. Does anybody know of this is a very competitive course? Will the accept me with slightly lower than BBB (I'm predicted ABB but there's every chance I could get lower and I worry about my grades all the time!). If anyone else has done this course your input would be much appreciated, thanks!
Hey, :smile:
I got an offer from them as well just a few days ago. Where else did you apply to?

Sebastien
Reply 2
Original post by Sebastien01
Hey, :smile:
I got an offer from them as well just a few days ago. Where else did you apply to?

Sebastien

congratulations:smile:, I have offers from York and Loughborough too but been rejected by Sheffield and Manchester. yourself?
Original post by Trackstar
congratulations:smile:, I have offers from York and Loughborough too but been rejected by Sheffield and Manchester. yourself?

Well done on the offer Trackstar :smile:

Give us a shout if you have any questions.

Amy

Wow congrats! :wink: I got offers from Southampton and Newcastle but got rejected from Manchester. Just waiting for Loughborough to answer now ^^

What Uni will you choose? What do you intend to study after the foundation year?
Reply 5
Wow congrats! :wink: I got offers from Southampton and Newcastle but got rejected from Manchester. Just waiting for Loughborough to answer now ^^

What Uni will you choose? What do you intend to study after the foundation year?

thank you, and you!

Im deciding between York and Nottingham as my Firm, but I think Im swaying more towards Nottingham at the minute. I'd like to go on to study Physics afterwards, what would you like to study?
thank you, and you!

Im deciding between York and Nottingham as my Firm, but I think Im swaying more towards Nottingham at the minute. I'd like to go on to study Physics afterwards, what would you like to study?

That's nice :smile: Yeah Nottingham seems pretty nice, I thought a lot about going to Southampton, but I'm not sure exactly. Thing is that I'm from France so I don't have the opportunity to visit any of them. Also Southampton is unconditional so I don't have to stress with passing exams^^

After I thought about studying Mechanical Enginering
Reply 7
That's nice :smile: Yeah Nottingham seems pretty nice, I thought a lot about going to Southampton, but I'm not sure exactly. Thing is that I'm from France so I don't have the opportunity to visit any of them. Also Southampton is unconditional so I don't have to stress with passing exams^^

After I thought about studying Mechanical Enginering

ahh well dome with that! I would probably just put southampton as insurance then at least you're guaranteed a place. Nottingham is a really nice place I visit there a lot but then southampton is near the coast, in the end it comes down to personal preference.
ahh well dome with that! I would probably just put southampton as insurance then at least you're guaranteed a place. Nottingham is a really nice place I visit there a lot but then southampton is near the coast, in the end it comes down to personal preference.

Thank you! Yes I think I might do that, but will see, still have a bit of time to decide. But in any case If I choose Nottingham I'll let you know. :wink: The course seem to be pretty small with like 24 people so that's bit like the old high-school days but at uni so that's nice^^
Hey I have applied for the foundation course at nottingham and as well. I am stressing out whether my gcse maths grade, which I got a B in will stop them giving me an offer for the course? Also for the people who got offers what did you guys get for maths at gcse and what did you do for A levels
Reply 10
Thank you! Yes I think I might do that, but will see, still have a bit of time to decide. But in any case If I choose Nottingham I'll let you know. :wink: The course seem to be pretty small with like 24 people so that's bit like the old high-school days but at uni so that's nice^^

I'm applying there too, how you know theres only like 24 ppl?
Reply 11
Original post by Skyrimpsn
Hey I have applied for the foundation course at nottingham and as well. I am stressing out whether my gcse maths grade, which I got a B in will stop them giving me an offer for the course? Also for the people who got offers what did you guys get for maths at gcse and what did you do for A levels

I got an A for gcse maths and i am doing maths physics chemisty for A-level but my predicted grades are ABB because I did so little revision for mocks.
Reply 12
Original post by Skyrimpsn

A B is fine, I got a B and got an offer.
Hi guys i got an offer too - ABC, planning to do chem eng after!
offer - ABC/BBB for mech eng

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending