The Student Room Group

Why does alcohol have different effect on different people?

Scroll to see replies

I used to be good at keeping up with the guys when drinking but when I started new meds they made me a lightweight and I've had to start building up my tolerance again :tongue: I'm improving :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reue
And staring at a computer screen strains your eyes.

Everything in moderation :wink:

well i have terrible eyesight anyway so i doubt it matters much. i do get what ur saying tho and if ppl enjoy it sensibly then it is ok i suppose i just think that when people don't (not saying you) but it can have reppurcussions for others, whereas other things like eating too much or whatever only really have consequences for yourself :s-smilie:
Original post by monk1324

x

How much or how quickly one gets drunk on a given amount of alcohol depends on their physical make up. How one will behave when they do get drunk however, is a very different story. Alcohol does not transform you into something entirely alien to who you really are. It cuts through your natural inhibitions and whatever it brings up is still an aspect of yourself.

I am always very wary for example of people who suddenly become abusive, violent, racist etc when they get drunk. That says something about the very stock they are made of.
Reply 23
Original post by CoolCavy
well i have terrible eyesight anyway so i doubt it matters much. i do get what ur saying tho and if ppl enjoy it sensibly then it is ok i suppose i just think that when people don't (not saying you) but it can have reppurcussions for others, whereas other things like eating too much or whatever only really have consequences for yourself :s-smilie:

So enjoy it sensibly yourself :smile:
Original post by Reue
So enjoy it sensibly yourself :smile:

why though when i can just drink grape or apple juice?

fun?

also everything just seems better when you're drunk....

to cope with the crushing pressures of life :sadnod:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jenx301
fun?

also everything just seems better when you're drunk....

wouldn't being drunk be scary though?
i am quite a self aware , internal person and wouldn't like to be not in control of my self :s-smilie:
also i am 17..

Original post by Odd socks
to cope with the crushing pressures of life :sadnod:

Posted from TSR Mobile

isn't there better ways though like walking or painting or ...
guinea pigs? :colondollar:
Reply 28

Because it's enjoyable :smile:
Original post by Reue
Because it's enjoyable :smile:

so is drinking apple juice :colondollar:
i enjoy it a lot and especially love cranbery and raspberry juice (not cranberry light tho because it makes my throat swell up :s-smilie:)
i am quite a self aware , internal person and wouldn't like to be not in control of my self :s-smilie:
also i am 17..

Not really, but the other option is just don't drink more than you can handle.

So you've been able to drink for 14 years then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Not really, but the other option is just don't drink more than you can handle.

So you've been able to drink for 14 years then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

or not drink it at all :h:
14 years? so since i was 3?
:s-smilie:
i enjoy it a lot and especially love cranbery and raspberry juice (not cranberry light tho because it makes my throat swell up :s-smilie:)

Having that right now!
also i am 17..

Not as scary as being sober :rofl:

Seriously though, nah, I don't feel scared when I'm drunk cos am too busy being HAPPY for no reason. Everything is more exciting when you have been drinking... like **** YEH CHEESY CHIPS...... My fave song? OMG THIS IS GENIUS..... I NEED TO DANCE NOWWWWWWWWWWWW ...... a lovely friend? WOW U DA BEST I LUV U <3

17 is a good age to start :biggrin:
or not drink it at all :h:
14 years? so since i was 3?
:s-smilie:

In which case you do miss out on some fantastic drinks.

Meant twelve years (from five)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Plagioclase
Having that right now!

omg you lucky rock :frown:
there is only cranberry light in the fridge so it is either that or breathe :s-smilie:
Reply 36

It's not really comparable.
Original post by Jenx301
Not as scary as being sober :rofl:

Seriously though, nah, I don't feel scared when I'm drunk cos am too busy being HAPPY for no reason. Everything is more exciting when you have been drinking... like **** YEH CHEESY CHIPS...... My fave song? OMG THIS IS GENIUS..... I NEED TO DANCE NOWWWWWWWWWWWW ...... a lovely friend? WOW U DA BEST I LUV U <3

17 is a good age to start :biggrin:

i'm kind of like that already..
if i like someone i really like them to the point of *almost* obsession...

does the smell not put you off tho, it smells weird..also where i am i meant to get this hypothetical a*cohol from?

Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
In which case you do miss out on some fantastic drinks.

Meant twelve years (from five)

Posted from TSR Mobile

that is only inside the house though, it would be illegal to buy it :s-smilie:

Original post by Reue
It's not really comparable.

why? cranberry and raspberry is the juice of the gods :ahee:
Reply 38

why? cranberry and raspberry is the juice of the gods :ahee:

Just not comparable. Different experiences.
i'm kind of like that already..
if i like someone i really like them to the point of *almost* obsession...

does the smell not put you off tho, it smells weird..also where i am i meant to get this hypothetical a*cohol from?

Ahhh just you wait Cavy, my dear, you will see. I don't think alcohol has much of a smell.... especially not spirits. Well, when I was 17 i just went to the local corner shop and got served as they were lax on ID and I looked a bit older. Sometimes I used fake ID if I wanted to get into a club...... or got my older sister to buy it. Surely you have a friend who is 18? Don't you go to house parties?

Quick Reply

Latest