The Student Room Group

Stats coursework! NEED HELP :'(

I'm in year 10 and this is my first year doing stats :frown: its harder than I expected and I'm struggling to do my coursework planning. We are supposed to make and test hypothesis about sports (I am aiming to test 3) using statistical stuff :tongue:
I want to use all the different things we've learned so far so I can gain maximum marks. For the planning bit we are supposed to make the hypothesis, and just write about what we are going to do to test it, explaining our methods and saying how to avoid any bias.
I made 3 hypothesis but since I cant find secondary evidence to test my last one I've scrapped which has left me with these 2

1) More runs are scored on average in an ICC cricket world cup game than on an international cricket series game

2) The winning team scores first in the BPL (Top flight in English football)

Can someone help me with a 3rd hypothesis pleaseeeeeeee?

The things we've done so far in stats is :
SRCC (Spearmen's rank)
Standard deviation
Interpolation
Comparative pie charts
Sampling (Cluster, Quota, Simple random, Stratified, Convenience, Systematic)
Histograms
Averages (mean, median, mode)
Time series
Seasonal effect

I dunno why but I seem to be really struggling with this so please help me make 1 last hypothesis (preferably about football or cricket as these are sports familiar to me) also, if you can, advise me on what statistical methods to use on which hypothesis, I'd like to cover most of the ones I listed above
:biggrin: Any help would mean A LOT to me and thanks in advance!!!
:3

Quick Reply

Latest