The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
For me, the only ones I know are Glasgow and Peninsula, and I'm not sure about the others - maybe Newcastle, St. George's or.... actually I don't where else. But it's all so confoozling to be honest, I'm just working to get the A's this year, which isn't fun.
hopefully, kings, imperial,ucl and st.georges
Newcastle (partners)
Sheffield
Leicester
Dont no where else trying to find out if i can put in a non-partners application to Durham
Oooh, here we go again!! Haha, I honestly don't have a clue. Quite possibly Manchester or Glasgow, depending on which I do my Masters at.

And then...I'm not sure. I like the look of Keele, even though they rejected me after interview last year. Maybe also Aberdeen...and then BSMS also looks awesome because, well it's Brighton, yas :biggrin:

This is now theoretically my fourth time applying!! First time pre-uni, second time when I got an interview to transfer in St Andrews, third time last year...i've been rejected 9 times, wow. And here's hoping not 13!
Where've the prospective RF&UCMSers gone? :p:
Reply 6
Philosoraptor
Where've the prospective RF&UCMSers gone? :p:

They wan't 19 on BMAT! 19!!! :s-smilie:
I had 18.1 , put it that way :p:
Reply 8
Philosoraptor
I had 18.1 , put it that way :p:

And your gcse's must be prestine compared to mine! Therefore, if I don't get 19, then no interview :frown:

btw, Philosoraptor how did you find the BMAT! and what individual scores in BMAT did you get?
See my profile for GCSEs. But no, they were worse than yours really..
Um, 7.7, 4.4, 6. Nothing special in the last two sections really...
Reply 10
Philosoraptor
Where've the prospective RF&UCMSers gone?

Right here Phil..!

After going to the UCL open day, I am definitely thinking about making an application to UCL. I might even chose UCL over Imperial when I apply. To me, the UCL course just seemed better than Imperial's (but this is just from the Open Day!) - I know Imperial has the world class reputation, etc.

My other choice would be Birmingham as they don't want any admissions tests and I can easily suffice the minimum number of A*s they want.

The other two I don't know. Let's wait 'til AS results and decide properly. :wink:
Yay! Hehe I didn't even apply to Imperial, I liked UCL much better.
To be fair though, it's only people who don't really konw much who just on face value go wow Imperial! In reality RF&UCMS is a definite prestigious medical school, if there is such a thing.
Reply 12
Philosoraptor
Yay! Hehe I didn't even apply to Imperial, I liked UCL much better.
To be fair though, it's only people who don't really konw much who just on face value go wow Imperial! In reality RF&UCMS is a definite prestigious medical school, if there is such a thing.

Of course, the name attracted me to it but to be honest I wasn't that 'blown away' (:p:) by their course information. I was attracted to the fact that they are affiliated with 10 hospitals but heh, every medical school has its pros and cons. I think that all London Medical Schools are all good in their own way.
Reply 13
ol
i applied UCL this yr!
18.6 on BMAT and pretty pristine GCSEs!!
and they sent me a big fat rejection!!!

ye..im just a little resentful!

Might,just might reapply
bt if i dont get 19+ on BMAT..im screwed
Cataclysm
Of course, the name attracted me to it but to be honest I wasn't that 'blown away' (:p:) by their course information. I was attracted to the fact that they are affiliated with 10 hospitals but heh, every medical school has its pros and cons. I think that all London Medical Schools are all good in their own way.

I think all medical schools are good in their own way :wink:
Reply 15
becca2389
I think all medical schools are good in their own way :wink:

Heh, true. :smile:
Reply 16
Argh I don't know which to apply to; if only we got 6 choices rather than 4! Definitely BSMS, and maybe Nottingham or Bristol (although Bristol seems a bit of a long shot). I don't know if PBL is for me, but I'm also considering Peninsula or HYMS. I'm going to a Peninsula open day on Saturday though, which should help me decide... :s-smilie:
Reply 17
xemmajanex
Argh I don't know which to apply to; if only we got 6 choices rather than 4! Definitely BSMS, and maybe Nottingham or Bristol (although Bristol seems a bit of a long shot). I don't know if PBL is for me, but I'm also considering Peninsula or HYMS. I'm going to a Peninsula open day on Saturday though, which should help me decide... :s-smilie:

Tell me all about it! :biggrin:
Sheffield
PMS
Keele
Leicester

*prays,hopes, falls to knees.....*
Reply 19
So far i'm thinking i would love to live in London so UCL, Imperial and Kings :biggrin:

I may apply to Cambridge depending on my AS results and how high my UMS scores are-dunno yet :s-smilie:

I'm also considering manchester and edinburgh. Too bad we only get the four choices...

Latest

Trending

Trending