The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
^^ What didn't you like about RHUL people? Back to the point I kinda wished I didn't apply to Durham's combined social science course actually I didn't really wish to diversify my study that much and they took 5 months to reply! Should have applied to LSE or Exeter and not somewhere north of the Watford petrol station!

EDIT: Sorry I mean RHUL as a whole!
Reply 2
I wish I applied to a few university's who wanted higher grades, just to see how I'd get on, getting six conditionals means nothing if you know you didn't aim high enough.
Reply 3
I wish I'd applied to Edinburgh and Aberdeen instead of Oxford Brookes and QMUL.
Reply 4
I wish I'd applied to UCL and Bristol instead of Oxford and Warwick.
I wish I'd aimed both higher and lower, if that makes any sense. I might be able to graduate next year, so I can apply for grad school soon anyways so I'm not going to dwell on it. :smile:
Reply 6
I didn't like Aston much on the open day :frown: I wish I had applied to Birmingham instead!
Reply 7
Cambridge instead of Oxford, course at Cam was way more suited to me. Also instead of Durham and Edinburgh, should have gone for Bristol or LSE. Edinburgh reject people on the basis of their geographical location, and Durham- How many A*s you have. Both pretty silly reasons!
I would have ignored my mum and applied to Kings and Imperial instead of Edinburgh and Belfast. And I would have put english literature as my backup (don't know why...i wouldn't have done it...but english was my first love and id liked to have followed it through to the end) That said - if I had done all the above and had got straight offers plus my current offer from UCL and my rejection from Oxford, I would still be going to UCL in September! So not really regrets as such.
Reply 9
Not to do with my regrets at all...but I have friends who are really annoyed because they were rejected from Durham because they didn't have 9 A* GCSEs. This WASN'T a stipulation in their entry requirements they put on UCAS and in their prospectus, so how can they do that?! For the vet courses at least we're told what they want GCSE-wise. How daft.
Reply 10
Oxford instead of Cam... much prefer it as a place - would have loved it there... damn my fixation with the Cambridge course...
Reply 11
I wish I'd applied to LSE, UCL and Durham instead of SOAS, Brunel and Warwick. Oh well! :smile: I might try again next year! :biggrin:
No regrets. It has worked out far differently than I had imagined but that's life.
Reply 13
Although there are certain places I wouldn't have applied to in hindsight, I can't really have any regrets as I'm going to the uni i like the most
Reply 14
I wish that i had aimed a little higher in some of my choices. Also, i applied to Queens and Ulster simply because of pressure from my mum to at least apply in Northern Ireland and those choices could have been used more wisely. However, in the end I am going to the university that I most want to go to so I can't complain.
cambridge for nat sci insead of bath for pharmacy :frown:
Reply 16
I wish I'd never bothered applying to Bristol. I didn't even know if they'd had my application or not I didn't hear a word from them, not even a conformation email. The only reason I knew they actually had got my application was when 5 months later I saw the 'unsuccessful' on my UCAS track thing, then they didn't even send me a rejection letter like they did with 3 of my friends who also applied for languages there. Wish I'd applied at KCL instead and looked into the course more at Edinburgh cz I was accepted there but the course was completely wrong x
Reply 17
Literally all my choices apart from my firm, honestly they were pretty awful because a) I didn't know I would be achieving so high and so i went for lower offers unis, and b) i had a limit about where i could apply to thanks to parents, and so i had to 'settle' for crap unis when i realised i could get into higher grade ones.

But seeing as i rejected them it doesn't make that much difference :biggrin:
No regrets. The only rejection I got was from Durham, but I really liked the course as well as the collegiate structure, obviously it's a top uni and it probably would have been my insurance if they'd given me an offer, so at least I tried. I'm happy at Exeter, so I definitely don't regret applying there. I don't regret applying to Cambridge even though I didn't get the grades to meet my offer becausee it was a great experience, not to mention a confidence boost to even get an offer in the first place. With hindsight, I probably wouldn't have liked Bristol, which I realised on the open day, because big cities aren't my thing and I wanted a campus uni. I probably wouldn't have liked Sheffield either for the same reason. I sometimes think I might have been better off going to RHUL because it's a lot closer to home and I could have gone home for weekends, or maybe even lived at home and commuted, but even for me I think the place was just too small. Even though half of my choices probably weren't right for me in the end, I don't regret applying to them because there are no other unis I would have applied to instead, so at least they kept my options open.
I regret 5 out of the 6 I applied for :biggrin:
Simply because after I visited Leicester on an open day I knew I wanted to go there no matter what, so I wish Id only applied there for the 4 different psychology courses they offer.
I would have done so aswell, but I only got to visit leicester briefly before I applied as I missed the offical open day :frown:
Oh well its my firm anyway :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending