The Student Room Group

Declaring intended resits on UCAS?

HI.
I have sent my application weeks ago, but now I am a bit nervous, because I haven't declared AS resits I intend to do this summer. I asked my tutor before sending my application, and he said it wasn't necessary. Also, my other teachers told me I didn't need to think about resits until next year, even though the deadline for my college was in the beginning of November. So, I assumed that because I didn't need to decide on them yet, there was no need in putting them onto my UCAS. But after hearing from some people it was necessary I am gutted right now. Help!
Thanks.:smile:
Original post by 0123456543210
HI.
I have sent my application weeks ago, but now I am a bit nervous, because I haven't declared AS resits I intend to do this summer. I asked my tutor before sending my application, and he said it wasn't necessary. Also, my other teachers told me I didn't need to think about resits until next year, even though the deadline for my college was in the beginning of November. So, I assumed that because I didn't need to decide on them yet, there was no need in putting them onto my UCAS. But after hearing from some people it was necessary I am gutted right now. Help!

Your teachers should have referenced them and you should have put them on your UCAS, that's what I got told to do :smile:
Original post by OutoftheWoods
Your teachers should have referenced them and you should have put them on your UCAS, that's what I got told to do :smile:

Well, they didn't. And when I asked, they told me not to bother as they couldn't be bothered themselves saying it was too early to decide on them.
Well, they didn't. And when I asked, they told me not to bother as they couldn't be bothered themselves saying it was too early to decide on them.

Well I'd talk to your head of sixth form/A Levels about it because they should be declared and really you should know what you're resitting
HI.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3538633
Read the first two posts of this and then get ready to email [email protected] with the details of what you are actually going to do.
HI.

I was told to do the same!
My tutor said it was not necessary.
And I know if I request it back, she will not send it back.
Original post by Aubrey_79
I was told to do the same!
My tutor said it was not necessary.
And I know if I request it back, she will not send it back.

That's confusing. Not sure whether the sixth form's policy differs or due to sheer incompetence of my tutors.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3538633
Read the first two posts of this and then get ready to email [email protected] with the details of what you are actually going to do.

Will offers be withdrawn, if you mention you forgot to put intended AS resits down?
Will the uni's give the offers back, once you have amended it?
That's confusing. Not sure whether the sixth form's policy differs or due to sheer incompetence of my tutors.

I have asked for it back, a couple of mistakes which they did not pick up on.
The teacher was not happy, so I don't know if she will.
Original post by OutoftheWoods

What do you mean reference them?
Original post by Aubrey_79
Will offers be withdrawn, if you mention you forgot to put intended AS resits down?
Will the uni's give the offers back, once you have amended it?

Well, they are within their rights to do so, but they don't usually. In the case of adding resits, it's not that you are making your grades out to be better than they are, or missing out grades to make the picture look better. They need the resit information so that they can marry up the results they get from the exam board with what is on your application. If it's not correct, it takes time to sort out what has happened, and if you miss your grades and have to go into clearing, that is valuable time you need to get something else.

However, they certainly will rescind offers if the declared grades are untrue, no attempt is made to correct the record and they decide it has been a fraudulent application, and they can do that at any time right up to graduation.
Well, they are within their rights to do so, but they don't usually. In the case of adding resits, it's not that you are making your grades out to be better than they are, or missing out grades to make the picture look better. They need the resit information so that they can marry up the results they get from the exam board with what is on your application. If it's not correct, it takes time to sort out what has happened, and if you miss your grades and have to go into clearing, that is valuable time you need to get something else.

However, they certainly will rescind offers if the declared grades are untrue, no attempt is made to correct the record and they decide it has been a fraudulent application, and they can do that at any time right up to graduation.

Thanks for your help :smile:

The problem is that my teachers don't want to hear anything about resits until January when they will have to enrol us for the retakes. So, I may contact UCAS with modules I want to retake now, but in January my teachers may want me to retake some other module, or not even enrol me for a resit. So what do I do? My sixth form is awfully organised and I absolutely hate it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending