The Student Room Group

PGCE Primary September 2016 entry!!

Hello everyone!!

I have recently had two offers to study a PGCE for primary starting in September 2016! Who else has had offers and where?
Reply 1
I have interviews at southampton and winchester. Terrified I won't get on as I was rejected by both last year. Any tips??
Reply 2
Original post by jodiek28
I have interviews at southampton and winchester. Terrified I won't get on as I was rejected by both last year. Any tips??

First of all I wish you good luck!! :smile:

Be yourself, read if you have to do anything for your interview and think carefully!

Look up current educational issues, speak to university lectures/ teachers if you are in contact with any!!
Reply 3
Thank you :smile: congratulations on securing 2 places!! Where are they?
I am applying for schools direct but do not have classroom exp yet, but should get a role as a TA for the rest of the year before the course would start in September. My DBS is taking so long!

Did you get offers without an interview? How long did it take for you to hear from them?
Original post by blobby1759
Hello everyone!!

I have recently had two offers to study a PGCE for primary starting in September 2016! Who else has had offers and where?

I've had an unconditional offer from Swansea and have accepted. I did have an interview lines up for Cardiff but withdrew as Swansea was my first choice. So excited, I don't know if I can wait 10 months!! Congrats on your offers! Where are they?
Reply 6
Original post by magicmaiden
I've had an unconditional offer from Swansea and have accepted. I did have an interview lines up for Cardiff but withdrew as Swansea was my first choice. So excited, I don't know if I can wait 10 months!! Congrats on your offers! Where are they?

Thankyou! Congratulations to you also!!

They were at Gloucestershire and Bath Spa! I withdrew from my third choice as I didn't like them after my interview!

I have accepted Gloucestershire :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by jodiek28
Thank you :smile: congratulations on securing 2 places!! Where are they?

Gloucestershire and Bath Spa!
Original post by blobby1759
Thankyou! Congratulations to you also!!

They were at Gloucestershire and Bath Spa! I withdrew from my third choice as I didn't like them after my interview!

I have accepted Gloucestershire :smile:

Im on my 2nd year for Primary Ed at Gloucestershire.
The teaching program is really good - i am a bit biased haha.

The lecturers are really nice and friendly and so easy to chat to.
The campus is also really close to town, if you're planning on living in the area.

If you have any questions about the course, uni or Cheltenham itself, feel free to message me :biggrin:

Aimee
Hello!
I have been offered a conditional offer to do PGCE Primary at Worcester in September 2016, and I am very excited. Was wondering if there was anyone else also going to Worcester? :smile:
I have accepted my place at Winchester for Primary (7-11). Anybody else planning on going to Winchester in September?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending