The Student Room Group

32A --> 34-36B --> fat?

Hey

I went through a semi anorexic period for a few years when I rarely went above about 7 stone. I was a 32A then and that was pushing it, probably between a 32AA and a 32A really. Since going to uni I have put on a LOT of weight (happier & not feeling the need to starve, eating a lot of junk, drinking etc) my size has ballooned. I am now a 34B maybe verging on a 36B. I like having 'more decent' breasts, but don't like the price I've paid for them gaining weight on the rest of the body. I have heard that targetting areas to lose weight from is impossible which makes sense... but whenever I diet I lose weight first from my boobs :-( the one place where I want it! Got a little bit of a tummy now though which is devastating as I always prided myself on a completely flat stomach, and my lower body is much bigger than I would like as I have always been a bit pear shaped.

Does anyone have any advice?? Thanks...

Scroll to see replies

You can't lose fat from certain places in your body, I'm afraid - if it starts to go from the rest of your body it'll start to go from your boobs too.
Reply 2
yeah, here's some advice - 7stone is underweight, stop trying to look like a model or where ever you get these ideas from and just enjoy yourself.

i seriously doubt you've "ballooned". you probably weigh normal now.
Wow, I didn't even notice that. Yeah, 7 stone is stupid. :confused:
Reply 4
How big are the stones you're talking of? :confused:

(I'm sorry I just have to comment on the weird measurement system used by some who the metric system has not reached yet).
HJV

(I'm sorry I just have to comment on the weird measurement system used by some who the metric system has not reached yet).
How is our system weird? :p: Your system measures people against bags of sugar. :biggrin: I could go around measuring people in grams or in particles of dust if I wanted... doesn't make it sensible. :p:

7 stone = 44.5kg.
Reply 6
1st is 14lb usually ^

And I think you're generally having a negative self image again whereby you think you're fatter than you actually are. To be honest, from what you're describing you still sound thinner than average so I don't see what there is to worry about.
LaurenFah
1st is 14lb usually ^

If they don't know what stones are, they won't know what pounds are - plus, even if they do, there's no way anyone can guess "lb" stands for "pounds" as a foreigner. :p:
Reply 8
Your not fat, Your healthy, as for the stomach, it just needs abit f toning :smile:
Reply 9
I believe that 1 stone equals 16 lbs, just as 1lb equals 16 oz.
Definitely 14lbs in a stone. OP it is difficult to say as we don't know your height and weight etc, but I had a very similar problem to you and uni has ended me putting on weight, and going from 32AA/32A to a 34B. And it just takes a bit of time getting used to. I still would like to lose half a stone in a perfect world, but I darent in case, well, I fall back in to old habits. If you are anything like me then you still won't be overweight, probably on the slim side of normal BMI. The problem is you are comparing yourself with what you used to be when you were ill, which you know now isnt a healthy you. Try not to think like that, I'm sure you get more male attention now.
Paeony
I believe that 1 stone equals 16 lbs, just as 1lb equals 16 oz.

no 1 stone equals 14lbs
to be honest a flat stomach is nothing to be proud of when youve got your rib cage sticking out like a xylophone and your pelvic bones look like somethink an olympic sportsperson could swing off.

From what youve said it sounds like youve got a very good figure.
Reply 13
How would I go about toning my stomach? Well yeah I know I was underweight before, but of course that's what I was trying to be. I'm so happy to have got over that destructive cycle and that's one of the reasons I am approaching this problem more cautiously, as unfortunately everything is in extremes where I am concerned and dieting would probably result in a more anorexic style of living, that is if I could summon up that willpower again.

Well I'm not on the slim side of BMI anymore, if I were I'd be happy - I think I was fairly satisfied at the weight 8 1/2 stone which was my weight for ages. Now though I am closer to 10 stone which seems ridiculous to me. I'm about 5'4 so quite short, and was a size 8 on top before I gained weight, size 8 in skirts and 10 in trousers. Now bizarrely a few of my size 8 skirts and tops will still fit me, but I am more like a 10 in tops and a 12 in trousers, even some size 12 trousers won't fit me which I think is what has depressed me more than anything.
Reply 14
Hey! By what you just said it sounds like you have a great figure :smile: (size 8/10/12 - There are a lot of people out there that would love to be like that!) :smile:

Learn to be happy with yourself and remember that being healthy is in some ways far more important than being a couple of lbs over what you want! Getting some exercise is good for generally toning up your muscles, maybe try running or swimming. :smile:

If you do want to lose weight so you lose the tummy I think you may have to just accept that you will get a bit smaller on top too!:rolleyes:

Well done for getting over the negative visious circle of events that surrounds anorexia and weight issues! That is a huge step and you should be immensly proud of yourself for that and also for taking your present issue cautiously! :smile: :biggrin:

Hope that helps!
Reply 15
HJV

I love this guy.
generalebriety
You can't lose fat from certain places in your body, I'm afraid - if it starts to go from the rest of your body it'll start to go from your boobs too.

Actually I find that this isn't quite true. I lost a bit of weight recently to the point where I am underweight on the BMI scale and still my chest hasn't shrunk a bit! (This of course was my aim so I'm unpleased lol).
PsychicShadow
Actually I find that this isn't quite true. I lost a bit of weight recently to the point where I am underweight on the BMI scale and still my chest hasn't shrunk a bit! (This of course was my aim so I'm unpleased lol).

Well, that's your body, then - if you try and lose weight from your chest I bet you won't find it as easy. Not that I'd know why you wanted to, but hypothetically. :wink:
Reply 18
Hey, i had a similar thing, used to be really thin and small boobs, put on a bit of weight (from the pizza and going on the pill kinda thing... which led to my boobs getting bigger, similar sizes that your talking about. Though since then ive lost a bit of weight as ive been working out and loving it, yes my boobs have got a bit smaller but im happier with my figure as a whole. Its difficult to think 'well do i conform to the ideal model of women having big boobs.. or being really skinny'

forget that, conform to whatever body shape / size you prefer (so long as not unhealthy etc), somewhere in the middle works well for me.
And you can tone up your boobs to make up for them getting smaller if you like anyway!

But well done, just try to get the right balance that feels right for you :smile:
Hey I had an eating disorder too and lost loads of weight (4 stone at my lightest) but put it all back on plus more. I was really bugged by the weight in my tummy area too because it meant i was kind of out of proportion but I found out that anorexics tend to put back weight there because of elevated cortisol levels. It should settle down eventually but you'll probably find it harder than most people to shift it, even with target exercise etc.

Btw my chest hasn't got ANY bigger I'm jealous!!!

Latest