The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

BA Primary Education - Interview

Hi everyone,

I am currently doing an access course and applied for the Primary Education course at MMU. I have an interview on Wednesday and really nervous because of how much I want this. Does anyone have any tips?

Thanks
Hi there,

Here's some general information about the interview process for BA PrimaryEducation at MMU that you may find useful.

Applicants areinvited to interview based on the strength of their application, including thepersonal statement. Group interviews are organised with up to eight candidates,observed by two interviewers (university tutors and/or Primary Heads). After anintroductory presentation, attendees will be asked to present a two-minutemini-talk, followed by questions, on a topic chosen from a list provided withthe interview invitation. All topics are relevant to current issues ineducation, so candidates are advised to prepare by researching relevant media,such as Guardian Education, Times Educational Supplement, the Teaching Agencyand Department for Education websites. Students should also reflect on whatthey have observed and learned from their relevant work experiences.
This is followedby a group discussion, self-managed by candidates. The starting point of thisdiscussion will come from a video clip of a teacher working with children in aclassroom. Remember: applicants will not be judged against the performance ofother candidates, only against the assessment criteria e.g. ability to identifyissues relating to teaching and learning, ability to listen and respond toothers appropriately.
Good luck withyour interview,
Stewart
Course Enquires

Manchester
Reply 2
Thanks Stewart 👍🏻 I'll keep that in mind

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending