The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open University

Do Universities allow you to obtain credits through the Open University to complete your degree. I will have obtained all my second year credits and the first semester of third year. My question is that if I was to complete the remaining two modules through OU could my degree still be from the University I did the majority of my credits at.

Thank you in advance
Original post by jamms
Do Universities allow you to obtain credits through the Open University to complete your degree. I will have obtained all my second year credits and the first semester of third year. My question is that if I was to complete the remaining two modules through OU could my degree still be from the University I did the majority of my credits at.

Thank you in advance

You could only transfer a maximum of 240 credits (years 1 & 2 ), 3rd year credit isn't used for transfer as the awarding institution needs all you final years assessment (120 credits) to be with them for grading. If you transferred to the OU they would look at awarding transferred credit for some or all of your levels 1 & 2 and they would award your degree when you complete the remaining credits and it would be from them not the original uni you were at for levels 1 & 2.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Quick Reply

Latest