The Student Room Group

Experience needed for Animal Behaviour masters

Hi,

I hope i'm posting this in the right place but I was wondering if anyone knows how much practical experience is needed to be considered for a masters in animal behavior.

I graduated last year with a first in psychology, having conducted my dissertation on captive animals in a zoological setting and was intending to move straight into a masters degree, however due a lack of funding I was not able to do so. As such I took a year off with the intention of raising money and experience, unfortunately during this year due to physical injury and time constraints I was unable to gather much practical experience outside of walking dogs for a local charity.

I've searched around and have been unable to find much information on the topic and as such was wondering if anyone would able to let me know how much a year of working in an unrelated field with little volunteer work is likely to affect my chances of being accepted ? Would it be a better idea to take another year off and aim to gather experience before applying?
Thankyou
The best solution would be to email the Dept and ask them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending