The Student Room Group
Original post by sarah1001
im in AS and did my mocks at the begining of the month and I have just got them back and I got 2D's and 2E's.

Should I be worried or is it too early to worry as I have many months left until the real exams

Definitely don't worry - mocks are there to indicate how to improve, they're not everything! Last year in Sociology AS I got nothing above a C in all of the mocks - right up until exams - and then got an A in the real thing :smile: What subjects are you doing? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by emiloujess
Definitely don't worry - mocks are there to indicate how to improve, they're not everything! Last year in Sociology AS I got nothing above a C in all of the mocks - right up until exams - and then got an A in the real thing :smile: What subjects are you doing? :smile:

oh wow congratulation

And Im doing A-level psychology, business, personal finance and cambridge pre-u GPR
oh wow congratulation

And Im doing A-level psychology, business, personal finance and cambridge pre-u GPR

Thanks :smile: I was soooo happy! :biggrin: Which exam board for Psych?
IMO you should be worried. AS exams start in May. I know alot of people who did no revision and at least C/B grades. All of the people who got less then CCCC in thier mocks that i know got the same grades in the exam. You can only revise now, not lots of time to grow your intelligence in terms of capability.
If you did not try very hard then there is time to improve.

If you work harder then you should be able to get decent grades.
If you revised for your mocks then your doing something very wrong or DDEE is your realistic grades as it only gets harder.

Good luck, start revising early!!
Reply 5
Thanks :smile: I was soooo happy! :biggrin: Which exam board for Psych?

edexcel
what subjects do you do?
I did sociology for the first 2 weeks and i loved it sooo much
Reply 6
Original post by whydoidothis?
IMO you should be worried. AS exams start in May. I know alot of people who did no revision and at least C/B grades. All of the people who got less then CCCC in thier mocks that i know got the same grades in the exam. You can only revise now, not lots of time to grow your intelligence in terms of capability.

If you revised for your mocks then your doing something very wrong or DDEE is your realistic grades as it only gets harder.

my exams arent in May they are in 2017 because of the new Alevel reforms but i understand what your saying and your right tbh. Thankyou!
my exams arent in May they are in 2017 because of the new Alevel reforms but i understand what your saying and your right tbh. Thankyou!

Oh yeah, you have enough time for anything then.
But you need to revise alot to get back to an A grade standard then revise now and then.
edexcel
what subjects do you do?
I did sociology for the first 2 weeks and i loved it sooo much

Sociology, Psychology and Film Studies :smile: Why did you drop Soc if you loved it? (if you don't mind my asking)

Original post by whydoidothis?

Could be true but it doesn't apply to everyone. I got a U in the mocks and an A in the real thing. The most important thing IMO is that you learn from the mocks.
Reply 9
Sociology, Psychology and Film Studies :smile: Why did you drop Soc if you loved it? (if you don't mind my asking)

Could be true but it doesn't apply to everyone. I got a U in the mocks and an A in the real thing. The most important thing IMO is that you learn from the mocks.

Because i want to study something business related at uni and so it was best for me to drop it for business and plus my sixth form was abit iffy with me doing sociology because I got a C in GCSE english Lit and sociology is mainly essays
Because i want to study something business related at uni and so it was best for me to drop it for business and plus my sixth form was abit iffy with me doing sociology because I got a C in GCSE english Lit and sociology is mainly essays

Oh :frown: I got a C in GCSE English Lit too... at the start of last year my essay structure was crap!
Reply 11
Oh :frown: I got a C in GCSE English Lit too... at the start of last year my essay structure was crap!

Mine is really bad :frown: how did you improve? was it just practice?
Mine is really bad :frown: how did you improve? was it just practice?

Practice, and an amazing teacher :smile:

Yeah obviously depends on the OP but I agree, thats a good way of putting it.
im in AS and did my mocks at the begining of the month and I have just got them back and I got 2D's and 2E's.

Should I be worried or is it too early to worry as I have many months left until the real exams

u should be prepared as those months will come quick and always revise and make sure u know what you're revising and not just reading of a page.:smile:

Latest