The Student Room Group

Girl I saw

Basically, I go to my local health club which has a Pool Jacuzzi. About a month ago, I was in the pool recovering after a few lengths, and this beautiful Indian girl (roughly same age as me) gets in and literally walks over to where I am in the pool and stands next to me, looking at me and smiling quite openly. She even smiles at me as we swim. I really liked her and I hadn't even talked to her as I'm a particularly shy guy (no experience of girls, don't go to parties or drinking, any of that kind of thing). Then I get out to go and sit in the Jacuzzi, and she comes out and does the same thing 30 seconds after me, sitting opposite me and stretching her body. I looked at her discretely and every time we made eye contact she smiled at me and I really felt attracted to her. I should have spoken, I should have made conversation but I didn't... as I said, I'm shy and basically we both continued the same thing, smiling at each other without talking. Eventually, I got out to go and she did the same thing. So the same time next week, I walk in and there she is lying in the jacuzzi and she instantly looks up and smiles as soon as we made eye contact, so I go over and sit in there with her, just the two of us, she even moves closer to me this time, smiling and maintaining eye contact whilst stretching her body... As I said, I'm shy and exactly at the moment I had worked up the courage, even pursing my lips slightly as I was going to introduce myself, some guy walks in and sits right there, and as I'm really shy I just couldn't bring myself to talk, no matter how much I wanted to inside... I think she had even expected me to say something... Anyway, we sit there and then suddenly our legs collide and I quietly say sorry and I think she said the same thing, also quietly. I know this must seem excruciatingly embarrassing, but if you have never even been in this situation before, it's difficult, I guess I fear rejection. She gets out and goes to sit in the steam room, I follow literally 10 seconds after as I had wanted to go in there anyway, we sit there for a while, lots of other people there and she looks at me when she thinks I'm looking the other way and I do the same. Basically, I need some advice, what do you think her actions mean, i.e. the smiling and the constant eye contact, stretching her body esc and moving closer to me? Also, how does one work up the courage to talk and be friendly when there are other people in proximity, I think she is shy as well so it makes it even more awkward? I would sincerely appreciate any advice... tbh, I don't think I'm a particularly good looking, (if this is what considers good, in the sense of big muscles, but I am not overweight and I'm 6ft and I'm friendly and caring for people I know, it's just the fact I find it really awkward to initiate conversation.)
Reply 1
Original post by blue12345
Basically, I go to my local health club which has a Pool Jacuzzi. About a month ago, I was in the pool recovering after a few lengths, and this beautiful Indian girl (roughly same age as me) gets in and literally walks over to where I am in the pool and stands next to me, looking at me and smiling quite openly. She even smiles at me as we swim. I really liked her and I hadn't even talked to her as I'm a particularly shy guy (no experience of girls, don't go to parties or drinking, any of that kind of thing). Then I get out to go and sit in the Jacuzzi, and she comes out and does the same thing 30 seconds after me, sitting opposite me and stretching her body. I looked at her discretely and every time we made eye contact she smiled at me and I really felt attracted to her. I should have spoken, I should have made conversation but I didn't... as I said, I'm shy and basically we both continued the same thing, smiling at each other without talking. Eventually, I got out to go and she did the same thing. So the same time next week, I walk in and there she is lying in the jacuzzi and she instantly looks up and smiles as soon as we made eye contact, so I go over and sit in there with her, just the two of us, she even moves closer to me this time, smiling and maintaining eye contact whilst stretching her body... As I said, I'm shy and exactly at the moment I had worked up the courage, even pursing my lips slightly as I was going to introduce myself, some guy walks in and sits right there, and as I'm really shy I just couldn't bring myself to talk, no matter how much I wanted to inside... I think she had even expected me to say something... Anyway, we sit there and then suddenly our legs collide and I quietly say sorry and I think she said the same thing, also quietly. I know this must seem excruciatingly embarrassing, but if you have never even been in this situation before, it's difficult, I guess I fear rejection. She gets out and goes to sit in the steam room, I follow literally 10 seconds after as I had wanted to go in there anyway, we sit there for a while, lots of other people there and she looks at me when she thinks I'm looking the other way and I do the same. Basically, I need some advice, what do you think her actions mean, i.e. the smiling and the constant eye contact, stretching her body esc and moving closer to me? Also, how does one work up the courage to talk and be friendly when there are other people in proximity, I think she is shy as well so it makes it even more awkward? I would sincerely appreciate any advice... tbh, I don't think I'm a particularly good looking, (if this is what considers good, in the sense of big muscles, but I am not overweight and I'm 6ft and I'm friendly and caring for people I know, it's just the fact I find it really awkward to initiate conversation.)

Also, I cried on my own in my bedroom when I got home after the second time as I regretted what I had done so much and it is incredibly rare that I ever cry, I can't even remember the last time, probably years ago. It really hurt. Also, when I say I'm not particularly good looking, I don't mean, I'm bad looking, I would say I'm good but not bulging muscles with a six pack or anything.
Reply 2
I would sincerely appreciate any advice...

Top advice #1: Don't get a boner whilst in the Jacuzzi. That would be well awkward. In fact, don't get a boner anywhere else either. Except in her bed. If you make it that far.

Normally I would leave this comment as it is, but I can't afford any more warnings from the nasty-pasty people, so...

You say that you're not the most comfortable when talking to others (or something along that line) but this Asian Princess that you saw was comfortable enough to smile at you or generally be comfortable to be semi naked around you, so think about that. That probably wouldn't happen with me; I'd have awkward boners protruding all over the place.
Reply 3
Original post by Davalla
Top advice #1: Don't get a boner whilst in the Jacuzzi. That would be well awkward. In fact, don't get a boner anywhere else either. Except in her bed. If you make it that far.

Normally I would leave this comment as it is, but I can't afford any more warnings from the nasty-pasty people, so...

You say that you're not the most comfortable when talking to others (or something along that line) but this Asian Princess that you saw was comfortable enough to smile at you or generally be comfortable to be semi naked around you, so think about that. That probably wouldn't happen with me; I'd have awkward boners protruding all over the place.

That's very true, with regards to the first paragraph! Thanks for that interesting thought in the second, I hadn't thought of it like that.
Original post by Davalla

Top advice #2: With an OP of such epic length, it is customary to provide a TL;DR to give cliff-notes, so we don't have to sit and read an entire ****ing wall of text to get an idea of what's going on.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Mate go for the kill
Reply 6
Original post by WoodyMKC
Top advice #2: With an OP of such epic length, it is customary to provide a TL;DR to give cliff-notes, so we don't have to sit and read an entire ****ing wall of text to get an idea of what's going on.

Sorry, I'm new to this site. Thanks for the tip.
Sorry, I'm new to this site. Thanks for the tip.

No worries :biggrin:

Anyway, next time you see her, smile and say hello (not literally, something more informal like "Hiya!" or "alright!", up to you). You're familiar faces to each other so it won't be weird. Then the ice is broken and you can talk to her, ask how she's doing and make general chit-chat, even if there are others around they'll probably just assume you know each other.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by WoodyMKC
No worries :biggrin:

Anyway, next time you see her, smile and say hello (not literally, something more informal like "Hiya!" or "alright!", up to you). You're familiar faces to each other so it won't be weird. Then the ice is broken and you can talk to her, ask how she's doing and make general chit-chat, even if there are others around they'll probably just assume you know each other.

That's good advice. I see what you mean as I think I have probably just overcomplicated it.
That's good advice. I see what you mean as I think I have probably just overcomplicated it.

Yeah, she's just a person mate. Some fellas don't know what to say to girls... what would you say to someone you know if you wanted to keep conversation going if you were waiting for a bus at the same stop? Same thing. Your goal should be to make them realise that you're just a normal guy. If flirting is your thing then there's no harm in a little bit, but it's not essential.
Don't worry about the length of the post people don't have to read it if they don't want to.

As far as your situation you've run into her twice so the odds are you'll see her again. Now, be brave and introduce yourself. Its that simple. Then all you have to do, for now, is be yourself. You can and should acknowledge that you've seen her there a few times. Ask her about her swimming, her workouts and try to find common threads that you can talk about. Its always a good idea to ask her questions about herself rather than you talking about yourself.
If she's interested she'll help keep the conversation flowing. If all goes well invite her for coffee. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending