The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ribayna
What course is your volunteer doing? Also what college are you staying at?

Natural Sciences :smile: . Its at Murray Edwards
Reply 61
Original post by Pentaquark
Natural Sciences :smile: . Its at Murray Edwards

Woo! You'll have to let me know how it goes:h:
Reply 62
Have they said who your shadow is? Tit hall student here
I got a place for week 2 at Corpus Christi shadowing a HSPS student!
Reply 64
Original post by Wist
Have they said who your shadow is? Tit hall student here

Yeah they have 😊 I should probably PM you though
On the consent forms on the shadowing scheme website it asks for your applicant ID number. Does anyone know where to find this??
Reply 66
Original post by Emilypickett
On the consent forms on the shadowing scheme website it asks for your applicant ID number. Does anyone know where to find this??

It should be at the bottom of the email they sent you. When are you going? What subject and college? :smile:
Original post by Ribayna
It should be at the bottom of the email they sent you. When are you going? What subject and college? :smile:

Is it the number after ref: ? I'm going on the 21st-23rd January for Psychological and Behavioural Sciences at St Catharines :smile:
Reply 68
Original post by Emilypickett
Is it the number after ref: ? I'm going on the 21st-23rd January for Psychological and Behavioural Sciences at St Catharines :smile:

Yep 👍🏻 and that sound really good 😊
Reply 69
Hey guys.
I got a place for week 3 staying at Fitzwilliam College.
Travelling down from the North West on my own so feeling kinda anxious about it but good to know everyone else is in the same boat.
Sounds stupid i know but will we get our own rooms? we wont be staying with someone else will we?

Thanks and well done to everyone who got a place :smile:
Original post by dancan19
Hey guys.
Travelling down from the North West on my own so feeling kinda anxious about it but good to know everyone else is in the same boat.
Sounds stupid i know but will we get our own rooms? we wont be staying with someone else will we?

You will have your own room!
Reply 71
Hey guys.

You will be on your own - usually in your mentor's room. Your mentor will bunk up in a mate's room (probably nearby).
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 72
Hey guys.

Well done to you too! And what subject is your mentor doing?
Reply 73
Original post by Ribayna
Well done to you too! And what subject is your mentor doing?

Maths, are you in week 3 as well??
Don't worry if you got rejected, there are lots of other schemes you can apply for:
http://www.discoverdowning.com/events/bme-student-conference/ a one day conference for yr 12 pupils from BME (black or minority ethnic backgrounds i.e. asian, mixed-race etc) on Jan 22nd ~~ worth signing up for!
Reply 75
Maths, are you in week 3 as well??

Yep week three for Natural Sciences :smile:
Hey guys.

Original post by Paralove
You will have your own room!

Original post by jneill
You will be on your own - usually in your mentor's room. Your mentor will bunk up in a mate's room (probably nearby).

It'd depend on your college and other things, like size/location of your mentor's room, availability of another room for yourself or your mentor to move out to, etc.
Sometimes you share your mentor's room with him/her. (Providing you're a same gender. :wink:)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by vincrows
It'd depend on your college and other things, like size/location of your mentor's room, availability of another room for yourself or your mentor to move out to, etc.
Sometimes you share your mentor's room with him/her. (Providing you're a same gender. :wink:)

Shadows will have their own room, not sharing with a mentor, even though they may have their/a mentor's room.
Original post by Paralove
Shadows will have their own room, not sharing with a mentor, even though they may have their/a mentor's room.

Not at all colleges.
Reply 79
Guys! I got in!!! I was rejected at first but just got an email saying I got a place to do Natural Sciences at Magdalene week 1! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending