The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hey guys!

I'm a mentor on the scheme for philosophy, and I went on the scheme myself two years ago :biggrin:

If you can't wait to ask your own mentor any questions feel free to ask me :smile:
Reply 81
Original post by semise
Guys! I got in!!! I was rejected at first but just got an email saying I got a place to do Natural Sciences at Magdalene week 1! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay! That's awesome!
Reply 82
Original post by Ribayna
Yay! That's awesome!

Thanks! Well done to you too, from your previous replies I know you're doing NatSci as well :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by semise
Thanks! Well done to you too, from your previous replies I know you're doing NatSci as well :smile:

Yep haha, although, my first choice was medicine :tongue:
I applied and got into medicine for week 1 at Selwyn College. Is anybody else doing medicine or at Selwyn College in week one?
There's a Q&A hour on Twitter with current Oxford and Cambridge students TONIGHT at 9pm. Tweet at the individual accounts or to the hashtags with your questions! #CambTweet #OxTweet
I got accepted onto the scheme!
I got week 1 shadowing Psychological and Behavioural Sciences at Clare's College. I'm a little anxious since I'm going to be the only person I know going. :frown:
Reply 87
Original post by adeninesbff
I got accepted onto the scheme!
I got week 1 shadowing Psychological and Behavioural Sciences at Clare's College. I'm a little anxious since I'm going to be the only person I know going. :frown:

Congrats!! I'll be in week 1 as well and I also won't know anyone... but I think that'll be the same for everyone else so it shouldn't be too hard to make friends :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Original post by Pentaquark

Have you emailed your shadow yet? I can't seem to find him/her :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by semise
Have you emailed your shadow yet? I can't seem to find him/her :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

https://cusu.sfgmentornet.com/
On the left hand side :smile:
Not yet!!! I'm too shy I'll wait a bit I think haha I don't know what to say to her
Reply 91
Original post by Pentaquark
https://cusu.sfgmentornet.com/
On the left hand side :smile:
Not yet!!! I'm too shy I'll wait a bit I think haha I don't know what to say to her

Thanks! I just emailed mine - I literally just rambled on about some facts about me xD Hopefully I don't sound a bit crazy with the amount for exclamation marks I used... I was trying to give off a friendly vibe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
Original post by semise
Thanks! I just emailed mine - I literally just rambled on about some facts about me xD Hopefully I don't sound a bit crazy with the amount for exclamation marks I used... I was trying to give off a friendly vibe

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, I just sent a message to say hi 😅
Is anyone doing Natural Sciences at Pembroke College Week 2? Travelling from north west and I'm both nervous and excited! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
I've just come back from shadowing a medic on week 1 of the shadowing scheme and to anyone going to week 2 or 3 I just want to say what a fantastic time I had. Every pre-conception about cambridge I had was completely broken down and everyone I met was soo welcoming and friendly. I could not have asked for a better experience and you will all make lots of friends and absolutely love it!
Reply 95
Original post by aspoonfulofsoph1
I've just come back from shadowing a medic on week 1 of the shadowing scheme and to anyone going to week 2 or 3 I just want to say what a fantastic time I had. Every pre-conception about cambridge I had was completely broken down and everyone I met was soo welcoming and friendly. I could not have asked for a better experience and you will all make lots of friends and absolutely love it!

Couldn't agree more with Sophie! I'm pretty sure I met you on the first day :wink:
The mentors were really kind and helpful!
Those that are doing it in week 2 and 3 - enjoy it to the fullest!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone on week 3?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh I am so excited!! :smile: Can the next few days hurry up please
Reply 98
Original post by WhyAlwaysMe?!
Anyone on week 3?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm on week three :smile:
Reply 99
Original post by WhyAlwaysMe?!
Anyone on week 3?