The Student Room Group

Cardinal Vaughan sixth form application

I applied to cardinal vaughan sixth form around 2 weeks ago ago and the other day I received an email from cvms inviting me to an options meeting. Does this mean that I have been "accepted" or is this for everyone that applied? I was also wondering what people's opinions of the school were, as I have certain reservations due to distance etc. I am very much into music and I feel the academics would of a higher quality than my current school, however I would like to know what other people thought of the school. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by julie----
I applied to cardinal vaughan sixth form around 2 weeks ago ago and the other day I received an email from cvms inviting me to an options meeting. Does this mean that I have been "accepted" or is this for everyone that applied? I was also wondering what people's opinions of the school were, as I have certain reservations due to distance etc. I am very much into music and I feel the academics would of a higher quality than my current school, however I would like to know what other people thought of the school. :smile:

Hi,
Everyone that meets the schools criteria gets a interview. (so you get it id you meet the minimum grades and the religious section). Thats how I observed it in my school. It's my top choice and hopefully I get in , but I think that my predicted grades are too low. I know that it is a very academic school and they make you work very hard.
Have you guys gotten the Course Suitability Discussion emails yet? and do you know about the Interviews
Reply 4
I've had my Course Suitability Meeting. Don't know what the interview is about though?
Reply 5
I recently had my course suitability meeting and the teacher said that offers will be sent out in the first week of february (based on distance and siblings). They have to save 120 spaces for the boys but obviously they won't all take the places and therefore you may still have a chance of getting in much later (so be patient!). In order to get the course suitability meeting you needed at least 4 predicted A*s and to be Catholic. I doubt I'll get a place because I live too far and I don't think my predicted grades are high enough but fingers crossed!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sarah8567
I recently had my course suitability meeting and the teacher said that offers will be sent out in the first week of february (based on distance and siblings). They have to save 120 spaces for the boys but obviously they won't all take the places and therefore you may still have a chance of getting in much later (so be patient!). In order to get the course suitability meeting you needed at least 4 predicted A*s and to be Catholic. I doubt I'll get a place because I live too far and I don't think my predicted grades are high enough but fingers crossed!

I still nee to attend my course suitability meeting as I've been postponed. I really want to get in, but I am unsure for the same reasons. I have 3A*s and the rest As, but after the mocks I will hopefully have 6A*s for the predicted grades, tso have a better chance. Will take the updated predicted grades along to the meeting. I am scared though, because I originally wanted the 5 A-Levels and due to the lack of A*s I wasnt able to choose that so I changed it. Now that I hopefully have better grades, I can choose the original option. Good luck everybody. BTW What other Sixth Forms have you applied to?
Original post by Sarah8567

And how was the meeting? Were they nice? I mean Miss Whelan?
Reply 8
Original post by TheMasterofLife
And how was the meeting? Were they nice? I mean Miss Whelan?

She is very nice and there is nothing to be stressed about. Apparently this girl in my school has already been offered a place conditional (she had all a* predicted).
I think that I wont get in first time round. But after results day I will try to get in from the waiting list. I have 6a* and 5 a's predicted. But lots of people have what I have.
Original post by Undec
She is very nice and there is nothing to be stressed about. Apparently this girl in my school has already been offered a place conditional (she had all a* predicted).
I think that I wont get in first time round. But after results day I will try to get in from the waiting list. I have 6a* and 5 a's predicted. But lots of people have what I have.

Do you HAVE to take your parents with you??
Heyyy guys have you heard anything from the school yet? They were supposed to be sending out conditional offers from Monday :s-smilie:
Original post by Undec
I've had my Course Suitability Meeting. Don't know what the interview is about though?

I believe they send offers in alphabetical order.

At least they did when I applied in 2013.
Original post by thecatwithnohat
I believe they send offers in alphabetical order.

At least they did when I applied in 2013.

Lucky:frown:...

What predicted grades did you get in order to get in?
Reply 13
Original post by karen0217
Heyyy guys have you heard anything from the school yet? They were supposed to be sending out conditional offers from Monday :s-smilie:

I got a conditional offer on friday via email and got a letter in the post with my offer.
I don't think you have gotten in if you haven't gotten the email or letter yet?
Lucky:frown:...

What predicted grades did you get in order to get in?

4 A*s, 3As and 3Bs.

The guys in the school have it easy though, since they don't need to get as high a proportion of grades as external students do.

I didn't end up going though, my friend's experiences there put me off haha, and I went to LMS instead.
Original post by Undec
I got a conditional offer on friday via email and got a letter in the post with my offer.
I don't think you have gotten in if you haven't gotten the email or letter yet?

I guess you applied to do 5 A - Levels... which is why you may have gotten it beforehand. I dunno, I kinda really wanna go there :frown:

I want to do 4 A- Levels so I might still have a chance. I'll just wait this week tbh
Original post by thecatwithnohat
4 A*s, 3As and 3Bs.

The guys in the school have it easy though, since they don't need to get as high a proportion of grades as external students do.

I didn't end up going though, my friend's experiences there put me off haha, and I went to LMS instead.

LOL is it bad or something? I just know they have good results which is why I applied there. But tbh I don't even know how people there truly are...
I got a conditional offer this friday, but anyone that didn't remember that they have to save a certain amount of spaces for the boys and a number of these will turn it down, so you could still get a place a bit later on!
It might also be in alphabetical order. May I ask what's your surname? Cause my one starts with a C 😔
Reply 19
I guess you applied to do 5 A - Levels... which is why you may have gotten it beforehand. I dunno, I kinda really wanna go there :frown:

I want to do 4 A- Levels so I might still have a chance. I'll just wait this week tbh

Around 30 people from my school got in. There are 2 categories of us:
1. The 5 As level people
2. People with Siblings who have chosen either 5 or 4.
Lot's of people are turning down offers and a few boys there will turn them down. I'm guessing on results day that you will get in if you don't get a letter soon

Quick Reply

Latest