The Student Room Group

Considering back cohorting, need advice if possible please?

Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone had had any experience with doing the above, as I need some advice.
Due to family circumstances I have not been able to give my first year and time and devotion it needs, and feel if I could have the chance to start afresh it would do me and my career the world of good.

Has anyone done this?

Many thanks! xx
Reply 1
I've heard of people doing this, but it's usually as a result of them failing the year. Have you spoken to your university regarding this?
I went back by six months when I did my training, I was getting snowed under with work and was struggling financially so it made sense to step off the course for a short period and sort myself out. Obviously I'm not you OP, so I don't know your situation, are you failing work? If you're passing then why go back a year, grades from the first year don't count at most universities, so retaking the year wouldn't have an effect on your grades or subsequent career. Tbh, as long as you pass your course, whether it's with an excellent mark or you scrape a pass it doesn't have a bearing on your subsequent career.
Original post by moonkatt
I went back by six months when I did my training, I was getting snowed under with work and was struggling financially so it made sense to step off the course for a short period and sort myself out. Obviously I'm not you OP, so I don't know your situation, are you failing work? If you're passing then why go back a year, grades from the first year don't count at most universities, so retaking the year wouldn't have an effect on your grades or subsequent career. Tbh, as long as you pass your course, whether it's with an excellent mark or you scrape a pass it doesn't have a bearing on your subsequent career.

Ah as you are saying this - I am only receiving 'Good' on placements which is one up from 'Satisfactory' even though I am really trying and working on the feedback. Are you saying getting an average grade instead of 'Very good' or 'Excellent' doesn't impact on being able to get a job? I keep worrying about this and it's making me really nervous on placement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending