The Student Room Group

Still in love with a girl I haven't seen in seven years?

I am still thinking about her every single day. I am confident that if I never moved we would be together...we never were...but there was a very strong bond between us. Unfortunately, I was never man enough to demonstrate my feelings when I had the opportunity.

The reason I haven't seen her in/come to visit is because of health related issues.

At 22 I have never been in a relationship in my life...she has always been the only girl I have ever really liked and was comfortable with.

I would like to see her again for CLOSURE, what do you think? After so many years people change...so I come without expectations, but I would like to see her for a final time and see how she is doing.

I can't just 'get over it'...this has been going on for +7 years.

Thoughts?
(edited 8 years ago)
Have you had any contact w/ the girl during this 7 year period? How well did you know her before you moved?
Do you have any mutual friends? If yes, find out how she is doing. She may be in a serious relationship/married in which case you need to let her go and move on with your life. If she's not involved then go see her.

If you have no mutual friends then how do you even know she still lives where she used to....perhaps she's moved as well.

I think you need to find a way to 'randomly' run into her. Not really sure how you can make that happen w/out stalking her though. It will feel overwhelming to her for you to let her know you've been thinking about her for the past seven years - because most likely she's moved on. If she's a relationship you'll have to just see what she looks like and tell her it was good 'running into her' and let it go. If she is single then strike up a conversation and take it from there.

Seven years is a long time and A LOT can change! You are remembering the girl how you want her to be and that may not be the reality of who she is. Please, if you can't find her or she's in a relationship move on.... this advice is for your well being. There will be someone else out there that you can get to know etc. Don't waste your life living in the past and in the world of 'what could have been' - that is a recipe for depression.
Reply 2
Wow you think of her everyday? Go get sum mate - sex will do the trick and/or look for another girl
Original post by UndergraduateSTD
I am still thinking about her every single day. I am confident that if I never moved we would be together...we never were...but there was a very strong bond between us. Unfortunately, I was never man enough to demonstrate my feelings when I had the opportunity.

This is my life story m8. I now know she was clearly interested but I was always too nervous to make a move, don't even know what I was scared of looking back on it. It's been 3 years since I last saw her and I still miss her, occasionally she'll appear in a dream and then I feel like crap for the next day. The worst part is I had a relationship with another girl during these last 3 years and I still get these feelings. Don't really have any advice but at least you're not the only one, right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending