The Student Room Group

For you, whats the scariest symptom of a panic attack?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Has the heat been setting off any panics or anxiety for you guys over the last few days?

Posted from TSR Mobile
iv only ever had one panic/shock attack but that was after the car crash we had. dont really remember too much as my brain has a tendancy to block out and forget the finer details
Reply 262
Original post by shawtyb
iv only ever had one panic/shock attack but that was after the car crash we had. dont really remember too much as my brain has a tendancy to block out and forget the finer details

I'm really glad you've only had one attack. Wouldn't wish a panic attack on my worst enemy :hugs: hope you were all OK after the crash. I took a bad one after a mini crash I was in and I think I mist have been in shock for so long because it didn't hit me until about an hour after it happened

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
I'm really glad you've only had one attack. Wouldn't wish a panic attack on my worst enemy :hugs: hope you were all OK after the crash. I took a bad one after a mini crash I was in and I think I mist have been in shock for so long because it didn't hit me until about an hour after it happened

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks!
im thankful too and i was ok, i was more concerned as i was basically full term pregnant. baby turned out to be ok and the guy who side swipped us in his jeep even rung up later on to check me and baby was ok.
for me it didnt sink in until id gotten out the car.
when it happened, i just sat there and looked at my boyfriend and hed told me a few times to get out but i didnt even hear him, when i heard him, i got out and then when i saw the car and the stopped traffic and everyone looking, thats when it hit and i just had like a panic attack
Reply 264
I've got my ESA medical in a couple of hours and been having panic after panic all day :cry2: can't wait for it to be over with

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 265
I had my medical yesterday and to say I panicked is an understatement! I was rocking back and forward in the waiting room, couldn't lift my head up from the floor pretty much, ran to the toilet about four times in the space of ten mins, sweating so badly, went through about 5 tissues in the waiting room alone because of how much I was crying and snotting, my heart was pounding and all that jazz and this continued in the room as well. I was only in the interview room for ten mins before the doc told me I could go home and they had enough evidence. It was hellish but I am proud of myself for going.
idk if they are really 'panic attacks' as such but they are some weird panic episode things anyhow :redface:
the worst ones are probably when you are asleep or sort of semi-conscious but your heart rate goes through the roof for no reason and bangs really hard. You are trying to calm yourself down but because you are still half asleep you are aware of it but not really in a position to do anything about it until it goes so fast and hard that it wakes you up then you have to spend ages trying to calm down.
Reply 267
Original post by Anonymous
idk if they are really 'panic attacks' as such but they are some weird panic episode things anyhow :redface:
the worst ones are probably when you are asleep or sort of semi-conscious but your heart rate goes through the roof for no reason and bangs really hard. You are trying to calm yourself down but because you are still half asleep you are aware of it but not really in a position to do anything about it until it goes so fast and hard that it wakes you up then you have to spend ages trying to calm down.

That does sound like a panic attack. I suffer ones like that while I'm drifting or just about to get into deep sleep a lot and those ones always feel ten times scarier than any day time or full awake panics I've had because you have no wits about you to fight it off or accept it, you just sit there petrified.
Reply 268
What is the chest pain like for you guys during a panic attack or while anxious? Currently experiencing it atm :frown:
Reply 269
I hate feeling like I'm locked inside my head and can't get out.
Original post by Spock's Socks
What is the chest pain like for you guys during a panic attack or while anxious? Currently experiencing it atm :frown:

like a sort of burning :redface: or tightness and stabs sometimes

:hugs: x
Reply 271
Do any of you guys get super anxious and spacey when you are tired? To be fair, I haven't been sleeping well the last couple of days and right now I am knackered but want to stay up til bedtime so I don't muck up my sleeping pattern any more than it already is and I feel super spacey and anxious and almost like I am waiting for something to happen. Playing a game to try and distract myself from it :/
It's when you want to run. Just want to run. Keep going and just never look back. And you know you can't run because you're in the middle of a classroom or a crowd and you think about how trapped you are
I find the lead-up the worst part. I have really bad mood swings when I'm about to have one, and end up in a lot of arguments. I quite often say things I don't mean. Then I have the panic attack, calm down, and I feel really really stupid and have to apologise. It's better than it used to be, and I generally try to be alone when I can feel one coming on
when I breath but it feels like I'm not

can't even drink when it's like that cause i feel i don't have enough air

but it's more anxiety rather than panic attack i think?
I think the whole wanting to run and not stop but not being able to

(not sure if i've commented on here before but i'm doing it anyways)

Quick Reply

Latest