The Student Room Group

Coleraine pgce

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Aw you maybe did better than you think! I'm surprised they managed to fit 5 questions into 10 min x
Found maths ok just try not to overthink the questions :smile: i got asked 4 questions just felt all waffley lol and English task is grand so dont worry! X x
Reply 82
Hopefully! I think i just let nerves take over for the maths tbh. The interview is totally fine so don't stress about it. They are more personal so your answers will come natural to you x
Original post by cmca86
Aw you maybe did better than you think! I'm surprised they managed to fit 5 questions into 10 min x
Reply 83
Oh that's quite good, I've been trying to look up issues within education because i don't want to get caught out by being asked about a topic I don't know about, but I have a lot experience working with children so think I need to remember to focus on that too. However my children & my employer are not helping me much in getting time to prepare tbh!
Just seen today on another feed that a girl received her rejection letter today.. panic has definitely set in!
Reply 85
Eek! What feed is that, can you post a link?
Hi guys, I also received my rejection letter this week. I did a horrible interview so I was expecting it but its still no less devastating :frown: Good luck to you all!
Reply 88
Oh nooo! I'm so sorry :frown: what happened in your interview? X
Reply 89
Rejection letter for me also!
Reply 90
Im really sorry :frown: any idea why/ feedback? X
Reply 91
I haven't received any feedback yet but I know I definitely slipped up on the question about the differences between foundation level and key stage 1! I just wasn't prepared for that kind of question -it was a real curve ball! Also really struggled with the essay question. But all of the interview experience was really good to get :smile:
Reply 92
Flip, quite an in depth question! So sorry though. X
Reply 93
Oh god I am dreading getting a letter now. I def messed the maths up. Really wish they would just tell you on the day if it's a definite you didn't get a place. Sorry to those who've got their letter. Not a nice feeling whether you were expecting it or not x
Reply 94
Thanks guys & best of luck :smile:
Reply 95
Anyone else heard anything? Was hoping some had maybe been accepted? xo
Reply 96
No I don't think so! They have to interview everyone before they can offer places because there is a waiting list as well, and people are being interviewed in March so it will be the end of March I would say before anyone gets accepted! x
Reply 97
Anyone hear anything? Good or bad x
Reply 98
I had my literacy/numeracy/interview on Monday there. Found the tests fine but felt like I answered really badly in the interview :frown: was extremely disappointed with the questions & felt like a couple of them were a bit of a waste of time! Like "Tell us an interesting fact about yourself?" Erm, how is that useful? I was given a letter saying I'd hear mid-end of April which I assume everyone was handed at the end of their interview. What about you?
Hello cmca86 that sounds like a tough question to answer? Where do you even start with something like that!!!? What other questions did they ask you? And what type of things did you have to do for literacy and numeracy?

I have put it off for long enough (terrified at the prospect of telling a story to a panel of three adults!) But I plan on applying next year so any help or pointers would be appreciated!

Thanks

Mags

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending