The Student Room Group

Coleraine pgce

Hi guys,

Im just wondering if anyone applied for a PGCE with Coleraine University starting in 2016!?
Has anyone heard back? Is it too soon?

Please share your thoughts guys!

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

I have applied for primary PGCE and havent hear anything back yet...getting a little anxious! Thought I would have gotten some word by now but who knows when they will give word. :s
Reply 2
Hi there,

I have my storytelling 2 weeks from today. I got word on this 3 days ago and I submitted my application to them just before Halloween.
Reply 3
Hi mcguinnessb4,

I know others who havn't heard back either so I don't think it's time to panic just yet lol

Congrats sazcaz!! :smile: do you know what story you're going to do?
Reply 4
Hi everyone! I got my letter last week, my story-telling is on Monday 14th. I know they do it in batches though, and there will still be storytelling interviews after Christmas xx
Reply 5
Yeah, I applied last year too so kind of know what the process is like, so I picked my story ages ago just in case lol! I would go for something they haven't heard before, I requested feedback for my storytelling last year and I got full marks for my choice of story, it was 'I Hate School,' not very common. I always have a look at American children's books because they aren't as well-known in schools over here!
Reply 6
Original post by lilysitt
Hi everyone! I got my letter last week, my story-telling is on Monday 14th. I know they do it in batches though, and there will still be storytelling interviews after Christmas xx

Hi Lillysit!

Congrats on the interview!! I think you're right, some other people i've chatted to havn't received word yet either. Have you picked a story to do yet? :smile:
Reply 7
Just saw your message!!
Reply 8
Original post by lilysitt
Yeah, I applied last year too so kind of know what the process is like, so I picked my story ages ago just in case lol! I would go for something they haven't heard before, I requested feedback for my storytelling last year and I got full marks for my choice of story, it was 'I Hate School,' not very common. I always have a look at American children's books because they aren't as well-known in schools over here!

Sounds like a good choice! I have a few books in mind. I've heard of people doing 'The Hungry caterpillar' etc and lets be honest I'm sure the interviewers would like to hear something original!

Do you know how many applied last year? I knew Coleraine was tough to get into, but I didn't realise just how tough!!
Reply 9
Yeah, unless you do something totally different and original with a story like ' the hungry caterpillar' then I definitely wouldn't be choosing it! They must hear it soooo many times. I dunno exactly how many but I know it's ALOT. It's unbelievably tough. I didn't get past storytelling last year, they rank you from 1-5 and I got a 4 so I was so close, nightmare! It's so hard to know what they're looking for. Have you applied for anywhere else or just Coleraine?
Reply 10
Ive applied to a few uni's in England but if i'm honest I would really like to stay at home (not to mention the massive fee's in England!). How about you?
Just coleraine /: Im from coleraine, and have my own house etc here so really wouldn't like to go away. I've told myself I will try coleraine 3 times and if I can't get in then I'll apply overseas! Coleraine is literally the best teacher training you can get, so would absolutely love to get in there!
Reply 12
Yeah I've decided to do something similar. If I don't get in this year I'll try once more before going to England. But lets hope we all get in! :biggrin:
Thanks for the info guys. Will post again should I hear any word. And congrats and good luck lilysitt and sazcaz!
Reply 14
Hey! I applied 30th Oct 2015, have my story telling this Friday, thought I was ok about it but tonight the nerves have kicked in!! Have waited years to apply, dont have the option to go to England as I have a husband & 2 kids....so really desperate to get in but know it's unlikely! I applied in 2007 for 2008 entry but the process has all changed now. Any tips would be v welcome :smile:
Reply 15
Hi guys,

For those of you who had your story telling today, how did it go? :biggrin:

Any tips or advice?
Reply 16
Erm prob biggest tip is don't worry about it! You literally go in, tell your story,& leave! It felt like it was only a minute long lol. There were only 2 assessors in mine & one spent the whole time writing. They do join in if you ask them (eg will answer questions during the story) but they give nothing away as to how you have done. Also I arrived 45 min early & they took me straight away. Good luck!
Reply 17
When is yours cclarke?
Has anyone heard back after storytelling yet? :smile:
Reply 19
Not me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending