The Student Room Group

What's worse??

What would you find worse? Your boyfriend or girlfriend falling in love with someone else or having sex with someone else? Need this answered for a class discussion 😁

Scroll to see replies

Both? Idek if I can decide which is potentially worse.
Reply 2
Original post by Imperion
Both? Idek if I can decide which is potentially worse.

Me neither, it's a tricky one!
Imo having sex with someone else as that is a conscious choice made by someone who probably knows it will hurt you, you can't really help falling in love someone else and even though it would still hurt I would know that they respect me enough not to do anything, sometimes you're just with the wrong person and you have a right to find the right person but that doesn't make cheating ok.
I'm interpreting this as either your SO falling in love with someone else and out of love with you, or your SO having a quick one night stand with someone else, probably while drunk. In both scenarios, the relationship is most likely dead and buried.

In the former situation, it would be very easy to fall into blaming yourself. Your flaws and inadequacy would quickly become very important to you. I'd rather not deal with that mess of emotions.

In the latter, your SO is undeniably at fault. More importantly, you have the moral high ground, and that's going to make separating so much easier. The downside is that your SO might still love you, making the actual break up stressful, but afterwards you'll feel better than you would have done in the first scenario.

Bottom line, this is a choice between whether you'd prefer your SO to have sexed someone else once, or your SO wanting to have couple sex with someone else multiple times.
Reply 5
Sex could be a one time mistake though - after i good beating i might forgive her.
If they had sex with somebody else then they've gone behind my back, if they've just fell in love with somebody then they have not, their brain's just flim-flammed.

I mean it'd end up in a break up either way but I think I'd be more offended if they sexed somebody, as that's really their fault. Whereas if they just develop feelings for somebody else it's nobody's fault really as such.
Reply 7
Feeling dont just rain from the sky, if you are really into someone Barbie could walk past without you noticing, my point is if your boy/girlfriend really likes you are you satisfy them they wont develop feelings for anyone else
Reply 8
Original post by Blondie987
Imo having sex with someone else as that is a conscious choice made by someone who probably knows it will hurt you, you can't really help falling in love someone else and even though it would still hurt I would know that they respect me enough not to do anything, sometimes you're just with the wrong person and you have a right to find the right person but that doesn't make cheating ok.

Good point, I agree!!
Reply 9
Original post by hejraat
Sex could be a one time mistake though - after i good beating i might forgive her.

But wouldn't that break all the trust? Like, after she did that, would you still be able to love her? And if she loved you that much, why would she do it in the first place?
Reply 10
Original post by hejraat
Feeling dont just rain from the sky, if you are really into someone Barbie could walk past without you noticing, my point is if your boy/girlfriend really likes you are you satisfy them they wont develop feelings for anyone else

Good point, but you haven't really answered what you think would be worse?
Reply 11
I agree!! What do you think would cause the most emotional damage?
Original post by enyaajohns
What would you find worse? Your boyfriend or girlfriend falling in love with someone else or having sex with someone else? Need this answered for a class discussion 😁

falling in love
Reply 13
Original post by Abcdefghijk123
falling in love

Can you explain why? :smile:
Reply 14

Just having sex with someone else is obviously not as grave as falling in love with someone else.
[QUOTE="enyaajohns;60843407"]Can you explain why? :smile:[/QUOTE I think its because its more permanent. Although it isn't the person's fault who they fall in love with, its far more hurtful as it means they will ultimately fall out of love with you. And rejection hurts. Sex can just be a meaningless act with anyone, and a one time thing. Whereas love isn't like that at all.
Reply 16
sleeping with someone else
Reply 17
[QUOTE="Abcdefghijk123;60843547"]
Can you explain why? :smile:[/QUOTE I think its because its more permanent. Although it isn't the person's fault who they fall in love with, its far more hurtful as it means they will ultimately fall out of love with you. And rejection hurts. Sex can just be a meaningless act with anyone, and a one time thing. Whereas love isn't like that at all.

Good.point thankyou!
Reply 18
Original post by Sam.B57
sleeping with someone else

Why would you say that??
falling in love

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending