The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship for an EU citizen

Hi!
Firstly, I want to apologise for being an intrusive EU citizen that is trying to steal your apprenticeships. :tongue: I'm kidding, of course.
I am currently living in Romania (not a gipsy, only 3% of Romanians are gipsies). I have A-levels equivalent (European Baccalaureate) and my goal is to get an apprenticeship somewhere in London.
My question is: do you know any real cases of people who weren't UK residents at the moment of the application and got an apprenticeship ?
Because I do have work experience, I do meet most of the requirments, I am fluent in both speaking and writing in English language, but I don't know if it is really possible for an employer to make this further complication of bringing a romanian in the UK, when he can easily chose from thousands of UK residents applicants that just as well meet the requirements.
Thanks, have a nice day.
Reply 1
Please, can someone tell me if it is possible at least? Because I am really in a bad situation and I need to know if I should continue to pursue this apprenticeship finding or not.
Do you know any non-uk residents that got an apprenticeship in UK ? I mean I know it's hard to find and so on, but it is do-able at least ?
It's absolutely possible. If you're from the EU then you have the rights to work in England, and the employer shouldn't have any problems with taking you on. Good luck.
Reply 3
** 2 DAYS LEFT TO APPLY ** (www.lseaic.com).

Interested in Finance, Private Equity, or Hedge Funds? Apply now to the London School of Economics SU Alternative Investments Conference 2016 - by simply dropping your CV on our website at www.lseaic.com - before the 1st of December 2015.

ALL APPLICANT CV’S WILL BE DISTRIBUTED TO TOP RECRUITMENT FIRMS AND FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS!

So what is the LSE SU Alternative Investments Conference?The LSE SU Alternative Investments Conference is the world's largest student-run conference on hedge funds and private equity, bringing together over 30 speakers and 350 delegates from across the world.

We are delighted to confirm an incredible line-up of speakers this year:- David Rubenstein, Co-Founder and Co-CEO of the Carlyle Group- David Bonderman, Founding and Managing Partner of TPG Capital- Guy Hands, Chairman and Chief Investment Officer, Terra Firma- Paul Singer, Founder and CEO of Elliott Management- Rachel Lord, Head of iShares (EMEA) at BlackRock- Yoel Zaoui, Founding Partner of Zaoui & Co- Douglas Haynes, President of Point72 Asset Management- Lionel Assant, Head of European Private Equity at Blackstone- Simona Paravani-Mellinghoff, Head of the Fiduciary Business at BlackRock- Alexander Friedman, CEO of GAM Holding- Simon Patterson, Managing Director at Silver Lake- Anthony Scaramucci, Founder and Co-Managing partner at SkyBridge Capital- Effie Datson, Senior Managing Director, Global Head of AIS Product Management at State Street

Students are encouraged to apply to attend this unique conference which is not only a great learning opportunity but, as past delegates can confirm, a fantastic networking experience that could lead to the possibility of internships / full time jobs in one of the most competitive industries.

**Register NOW at www.lseaic.com**

Video: https://www.youtube.com/embed/-r5gBR7sK7M

Where? Marriott Hotel London Grosvenor Square When? January 18th and 19th, 2016

If you are interested in Alternative Investments, this is the place to be!Apply now!For further questions, please contact us at [email protected]

Warm regards,
the AIC Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending