The Student Room Group

Struggling on my Uni subject?

Hello, I am struggling to chose my uni subject. I am in Year 14 resitting my physics and one further maths module and I applied for Aerospace engineering last year. However, I am not good at physics and also not good at mechanics side of maths. So I thought Computer science would be a better option. But I am not really sure. I love calculus and my friends told me that computer science contains a lot of calculus, that one of the main reason I am thinking to doing computer science. Can someone help???
Original post by Gradien
Hello, I am struggling to chose my uni subject. I am in Year 14 resitting my physics and one further maths module and I applied for Aerospace engineering last year. However, I am not good at physics and also not good at mechanics side of maths. So I thought Computer science would be a better option. But I am not really sure. I love calculus and my friends told me that computer science contains a lot of calculus, that one of the main reason I am thinking to doing computer science. Can someone help???

CS will probably be easier for you than aero as you won't do any physics or mechanics. But your friends are wrong, you don't study calculus in CS, you might probably touch on it on some topics but it won't be the main topic like it is in engineering. The maths in CS is mostly Discrete mathematics and statistics. So topics like matrices, functions, permutations and combinations, etc. Unless if you're doing game development or something you won't use calculus at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Well some universities will teach Lambda Calculus in second year, but it is more of a Logic that succeeds a propositional logic module etc...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending