The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
BabyGirl
I can do unit 4. Haven't looked at my unit 5! And I'm resitting 3B ..wonderful

Unit 5 is appalling for me because it took me a while to grasp 5.1 and 5.2!

:ditto: I haven't a clue about unit 5 :rolleyes: Unit 4...I'm OK with that I guess :frown:
Yeah I'm fooked...I open up unit 5 and fall asleep. And I just cannot do unit 1! I can't get above 68 UMS on it and its been my third try :s-smilie:
I'm resitting 1, 2, 3a and 3b. I am gonna fail unit 3.
Reply 23
digitalis
Yeah I'm fooked...I open up unit 5 and fall asleep. And I just cannot do unit 1! I can't get above 68 UMS on it and its been my third try :s-smilie:

That sounds familiar. I resat unit 1 and unit 2 as well- never got past 65 :rolleyes: I gave up then ofcourse. I'm not a well of money y'see :biggrin:
Reply 24
No Future
I'm resitting 1, 2, 3a and 3b. I am gonna fail unit 3.

;console; That's the best I can do :p:
Reply 25
Gah I hate Transition metal chemistry :mad:
Reply 26
^..Learning the colours.. meh :|
Reply 27
I HATE organic chemistry. I actually do. Well, only the topic at A level anyway...I like the interactions with Biology, but the having to learn hundreds of equations for things bit I just can't quite do. I remember them for a day or two, then forget instantly. Also hate mechanisms.

I'm retaking unit 1 and 2 this summer, as well as taking 4 and 5, but 4 and 5 are first time exams, not resits. Not happy about it :frown: I need to push last year's C up to an A really, unit 1 being the problem here. Unit 2 was alright last year, but am trying to get more marks on that too - every little helps.
Stranded
;console; That's the best I can do :p:

Thanks...

OMG unit 3 is worth 120 UMS and I don't know how to prepare for it!
How the hell did I screw up the practical??

Oh mistake! The practical saved my ass (and my AS grade actually...) last year! I dropped one mark in the lab work and got 110/120!!:biggrin: wooh!
me too!!!

I will take it in June this year. Unit 5 is more complicated than unit 4. I need much effort for boosting the grades. For unit 6, I just read the marking schemes only because I don't want to waste time on it. xd

There are many contents for Aromatic compound and transition metal. I get confused if I don't do something.
Reply 31
BabyGirl
^..Learning the colours.. meh :|

I know. I hate the bit about ligand exchange and deprotonation. Damn hard formulas :frown:
Reply 32
No Future
Thanks...

OMG unit 3 is worth 120 UMS and I don't know how to prepare for it!

I don't know how I managed Unit 3 last year :rolleyes: My prac was a disaster and I went into the unit 3B exasm knowing *****. Managed a B overall :eek:
For The First 4 Units I Got 313/390 That 81% Only Two Left
I'm only doing AS but I'm doing Edexcel too. Any tips that you Year 13ers can give me, in order to do well in Units 1, 2 and Paper 3B? :smile:
Reply 35
Excalibur
I'm only doing AS but I'm doing Edexcel too. Any tips that you Year 13ers can give me, in order to do well in Units 1, 2 and Paper 3B? :smile:

Read through the whole syllabus - assume that everything in the syllabus would be tested.
Reply 36
Excalibur

Do *****loads of papers! ..Good thing about these papers is that they're predictable to an extent.. They ask virtually the same thing! ..

Tbh though I think I found A2 easier than AS! ..Or maybe it was just more interesting for me so I did more work on it lol!
Hah, I had an AS practical lesson, was doing well. My titration was going smoothly, I'd done four titres whilst the lower sixth had done two, finished the calculation and was just clearing up when my pipette rolled off the bench and shattered. The head of chemistry was not impressed. :frown:
BabyGirl
Do *****loads of papers! ..Good thing about these papers is that they're predictable to an extent.. They ask virtually the same thing! ..

Tbh though I think I found A2 easier than AS! ..Or maybe it was just more interesting for me so I did more work on it lol!

Agreed.

Latest