The Student Room Group

Fifth choice

Guys I need your help. Basically i have applied for medicine but my backup is pharmacy. So I was just wondering has anyone every applied to pharmacy with a medicine personal statement? Because i am going to put in my pharmacy fifth choice now. I will call up the unis to ask them but has anyone every tried doing that and if yes what unis did you guys apply to?

Thanks!
Reply 1
I put QUB pharmacy as my backup choice last year. I got an offer in early November. The uni require no interviews. My ps was about medicine and I didn't mention even a word for pharmacy.
I didn't get into medicine and got a place for pharmacy instead, deffered the place for a year so I can plan my future when I get my actual A level results.
Oh thanks for your help ! :smile:
If you don't mind me asking. What did u get for ur a2 results?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Lilly1234567890
Oh thanks for your help ! :smile:
If you don't mind me asking. What did u get for ur a2 results?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got AAC and my offer was ABB.
Oh so did U take the offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Oh so did U take the offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was a deferred entry, the uni said I will get a letter asking me do I still want my place in Feb. I am not going to take it as I got a place for medicine :smile:
Good luck in your application and never give up. Taking a gap year is an option for you.
Original post by Wing:)
It was a deferred entry, the uni said I will get a letter asking me do I still want my place in Feb. I am not going to take it as I got a place for medicine :smile:
Good luck in your application and never give up. Taking a gap year is an option for you.

Oh waw that's amazing that you got an offer!!
Well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Oh waw that's amazing that you got an offer!!
Well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile: My place for medicine is not in the UK, however I will be able to transfer back to the UK into third year when I finish the first 2.5 years.
Good luck. There are so many different routes you can choose and the final outcome will be the same.
Thank you :smile: My place for medicine is not in the UK, however I will be able to transfer back to the UK into third year when I finish the first 2.5 years.
Good luck. There are so many different routes you can choose and the final outcome will be the same.

Oh waw again that's amazing! If u don't mind me asking where are you studyin medicine now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Oh waw again that's amazing! If u don't mind me asking where are you studyin medicine now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am going to study in Malaysia first. And for clinical years, I will have to chance to do it in the UK/Ireland/Canada/US.
I am going to study in Malaysia first. And for clinical years, I will have to chance to do it in the UK/Ireland/Canada/US.

Oh Malaysia is nice. One last question( sozz for asking too many question)
Can u tell me abt the process of applying there
Did u apply in ur gap year
How mch does it cost to stay there and study there
And how is it so far? How's the experience and everything

Thanks a lot !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest