The Student Room Group

Doesn't make sense to me for a black person to be christian

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mentally

Another unnecessary post from you, despite its humourous length.
In short, yes I am arguing the facts with your obtuse self that there is racism in both Islam and Arab communities...as I have repeated...over...and over. No need to argue this any further, it's also been stated not just on TSR but everywhere including on TSR nonetheless that there is racism in both categories. And not just systematic but violent.

The fact that you want to play ring around the rosy with me and argue pettily about a word lets me know exactly what I need to know. God bless :h::rolleyes:
Original post by Zubair1997
I know what you may be thinking, racist or something but thats not the case, hear me out
I discussed with my friend saying that "it doesn't make sense for a black person to be a christian because of the slave trade in general, the slave masters who were white treated the black slaves like they were worthless to the extent that they forced their religion down their throats, so fundamentally it doesn't make sense for black people to follow a religious faction that essentially enslaved them"
I mean no offence to anyone but just think about it, food for thought

I think anyone should be able to chose any religion to follow, whether black, white, Asian it shouldn't matter.

It is the fact that you want to embody that belief system that matters, not skin colour.
Hello,Zubair!Iwas really surprised with your tittle, but now I understood its purpose.Actually, I do not agree with you for two reasons. First, you said […] blackpeople follow a religious faction that essentially slaved them”, actually thereligion itself and or God did not do anything! Men did in name of God, what isdifferent. Men can commit mistakes, as in the slavery, but God never commitsmistakes. Second, who are you to say what is fair or not about someone else´slife? Remember that you are not in people’s mind to know their feelings and beliefs.In conclusion, think again about this topic and before judging, try tounderstand the others’ choices.ns\":297000�N1g���
Religion and the slave trade are two very different things. I'm a young black Christian and happy to be one. Most of my ancestors were not slaves except for one great great great grandmother.

Christianity itself actually started in Africa and the Middle East. Many of the places mentioned in the bible are actually in modern day Africa. Christianity is not, never was and will never be a white religion.

And it was actually the missionaries that really brought Christianity back to many African countries. They set up churches and schools all over and they had no link to slavery.

You ideas are very misinformed and extremely ridiculous. Tbh I think you need to go and read a few history books and potentially the bible before you start making stupid claims.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 144
Original post by Pends
I'm black and couldn't agree anymore it's upsetting to see black Christians

Christianity existed in ancient Ethiopia.

Quick Reply