The Student Room Group

Please help , urgent UCAS query!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I put my As grades in UCAS and the A2 as pending, is it compulsory to state whether you are resitting any As grades or do you not have to do it, and if you didn't put As as pending and you have your offers would it affect them?
Basically, add two: the AS with the grade that you've already done, date of August 2015, and the same subject AS, grade pending, sat in August 2016. See point five here. Note the exceptions; what I've put is the most likely, but if you're unsure which one applies, check.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SosbanFach
Basically, add two: the AS with the grade that you've already done, date of August 2015, and the same subject AS, grade pending, sat in August 2016. See point five here. Note the exceptions; what I've put is the most likely, but if you're unsure which one applies, check.

What if you have received all your offers and you didn't write the pending part?
Original post by polpo
What if you have received all your offers and you didn't write the pending part?

I'm not entirely sure about that. I wouldn't have thought that it would matter, given that they're clearly relatively happy with how you've done, and you might not have chosen to resit until after submitting the form. However, you might want to contact your school/college, and possibly the universities themselves, to ask for specific advice. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
Original post by SosbanFach
I'm not entirely sure about that. I wouldn't have thought that it would matter, given that they're clearly relatively happy with how you've done, and you might not have chosen to resit until after submitting the form. However, you might want to contact your school/college, and possibly the universities themselves, to ask for specific advice. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

thanks
Reply 5
Can you let me know howthis goes? I wanna retake units but I won't know for sure if I can afford it until after I've sent my ucas off lol. (which is tomorrow)
Original post by polpo
I put my As grades in UCAS and the A2 as pending, is it compulsory to state whether you are resitting any As grades or do you not have to do it, and if you didn't put As as pending and you have your offers would it affect them?

Please tell me you're not serious...
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3606799

This has been stickied for like a month now...

(If you have any more questions about University applications you might want to try reading the stickies on this forum instead. They're immensely helpful)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Original post by Goaded
Can you let me know howthis goes? I wanna retake units but I won't know for sure if I can afford it until after I've sent my ucas off lol. (which is tomorrow)

Hello :smile: You might want to read the link above. If you decide to resit after sending it off you have to inform UCAS and your universities as this changes the conditions of your application.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by emiloujess
Please tell me you're not serious...
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3606799

This has been stickied for like a month now...

Hello :smile: You might want to read the link above. If you decide to resit after sending it off you have to inform UCAS and your universities as this changes the conditions of your application.

Fml. Thank you! Makes it better :smile:
Original post by Goaded
Fml. Thank you! Makes it better :smile:

Glad to help! :smile: (it took me ages to find this out and it's only thanks to TSR that I did)

Good Luck with university applications! :smile:
Original post by emiloujess
Glad to help! :smile: (it took me ages to find this out and it's only thanks to TSR that I did)

Good Luck with university applications! :smile:

Would universities find out about the resits or only UCAS? could they change the offers if they find out about the resits?
Original post by polpo
Would universities find out about the resits or only UCAS? could they change the offers if they find out about the resits?

Essentially, yes, because you're changing the terms of your application. It's unlikely though. You'd have to inform both the Universities and UCAS if you change your mind after sending the application off.

Quick Reply

Latest