The Student Room Group

Lancaster Medical applicants 2016

Hey guys, didn't find a thread for Lancaster so decided to make one. The BMAT scores have been released and from what I can gather Lancaster offer interviews to applicants with the highest BMAT scores.
How did everyone do ?

Scroll to see replies

Im not that pleased with my Bmat scores, I got 4.9, 5.4 and 2.5B. I guess we will just have to wait to hear back from them now! Thankfully Lancaster was my 4th choice so hopefully it wont matter too much for me if this falls through :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
There are a couple of Lancaster threads but as each only had about three contributors they will have dropped right down. I got 6.7, 5.9 and 3.5A and am really pleased, but have no idea whether my ps (with very limited work exp) will pass their next stage :-(
Reply 3
Original post by GameofStones
Hey guys, didn't find a thread for Lancaster so decided to make one. The BMAT scores have been released and from what I can gather Lancaster offer interviews to applicants with the highest BMAT scores.
How did everyone do ?

How did you get on?
Reply 4
Wow well done that's a great score ! I honestly think the introduction of the BMAT to determine who gets an interview means there is less weightage on the PS so you should be fine.
I got 5.2, 4.7, 3A which is meh
Reply 5
Original post by GameofStones
Wow well done that's a great score ! I honestly think the introduction of the BMAT to determine who gets an interview means there is less weightage on the PS so you should be fine.
I got 5.2, 4.7, 3A which is meh

Well you are in the top 50% for all applicants so probably higher than that for Lancaster; how many applicants do you reckon? I have been speculating around 400 (cutting last year's application number by half to reflect the change to an admissions test and half again to reflect bmat rather than ukcat) so you could still get an interview. Keep me posted and good luck!
Reply 6
5.7,3.6,3A.. Any chance?
Reply 7
I got 5.7, 4.7, 3A. Pretty pleased with the result, but I don't think my PS is all that good. We'll have to wait and see!
Reply 8
Original post by MMS2015
Well you are in the top 50% for all applicants so probably higher than that for Lancaster; how many applicants do you reckon? I have been speculating around 400 (cutting last year's application number by half to reflect the change to an admissions test and half again to reflect bmat rather than ukcat) so you could still get an interview. Keep me posted and good luck!

Hmm interesting idea, yeah hopefully they let us know soon. Good luck to you too man !
Reply 9
Original post by Fannibal
I got 5.7, 4.7, 3A. Pretty pleased with the result, but I don't think my PS is all that good. We'll have to wait and see!

Well done ! My understanding is this year they are placing more weightage on the BMAR result, so you're in a good shot for an interview !
Tough to say really, no one really knows whether Lancaster operate an overall BMAT score cut off or an individual section cut off score. Guess we will have to wait and see
4.9,4.3, 3A -- pretty disappointed, no idea whether I have chance or not!! The wait is awful!
Reply 12
Original post by Uni problems
4.9,4.3, 3A -- pretty disappointed, no idea whether I have chance or not!! The wait is awful!

I know, hanging on is really zapping my Christmas spirit!
Reply 13
How does Lancaster uses BMAT score? does it use individual sections or overall ?
Does anyone know when Lancaster start giving out interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Hopefully soon! Can't bear waiting! Have got a couple of interviews in the new year but instead of reading up for those, I'm constantly messing about on here trying to get snippets of info for Leeds and Lancaster!
Original post by MMS2015
Hopefully soon! Can't bear waiting! Have got a couple of interviews in the new year but instead of reading up for those, I'm constantly messing about on here trying to get snippets of info for Leeds and Lancaster!

Haha, I've applied to Leeds too but they said they won't reply until christmas break.
Reply 17
It was the eighth of December last year at Leeds so fingers crossed for next week. First interviews for Lancaster went out on the 21st of November last year after 1600 applicants, so hopefully they'll be able to get through a smaller number after the bmat deadline but before Christmas this year.
Not going to stand a chance!
Reply 19
Of them getting invites soon, or of us/you getting an interview?!

Quick Reply

Latest