The Student Room Group

Lancaster Medical applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
19th Jan session 2 anyone?
How is everyone practicing?
What are you guys wearing? In the interview pack it says smart casual so I'm a bit reluctant to go on a suit jacket and skirt :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pirate123
What are you guys wearing? In the interview pack it says smart casual so I'm a bit reluctant to go on a suit jacket and skirt :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

You probably won't be the only one if you do :smile:
Just came back from an interview at BSMS which was the same, but the majority of people were turning up in smart clothing/suits. If you'd feel better dressing on the smarter side, go for it.
Reply 84
other than the examples on the interview pack, do you think we will get a station with a non-traditional question or will all the others be why medicine why lancaster etc?
Original post by tans
other than the examples on the interview pack, do you think we will get a station with a non-traditional question or will all the others be why medicine why lancaster etc?

I think there will be a bit of both? With 12-14 stations I'm worried there will be more role plays/practical tasks😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know the interview to offer ratio?

Edit: Found them!

In the 2014-2015 year, there were roughly 930 applicants (approximately 130 applications from international applicants) for the 54 places available. Approximately 220 applicants were interviewed and 110 offers made.

How much do you think that will differ this year?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by UnknownAnon
Does anyone know the interview to offer ratio?

Edit: Found them!

In the 2014-2015 year, there were roughly 930 applicants (approximately 130 applications from international applicants) for the 54 places available. Approximately 220 applicants were interviewed and 110 offers made.

How much do you think that will differ this year?

I feel like the number of applicant is a lot less because of the bmat but I could be wrong
Original post by Whatisanerdeven?
I feel like the number of applicant is a lot less because of the bmat but I could be wrong

Yeah I agree, also I feel like they might interview candidates with lower BMATs to make up for the drop in applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
anyone got an interview tomorrow (20th) session 2?
Reply 91
Good luck guys! Next week for me :-)
Original post by MMS2015
Good luck guys! Next week for me :-)

Same lol next Tuesday, I'm bricking it😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Anything got an interview for the 26th? I'm group 2 :/ Eeek so scared! How much time are you spending on prep guys and what are you wearing? I wish it was either smart or casual and not so confusing!
Guys who've had their interviews - how did it go?! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
how did everyone's interviews go today?
Reply 95
Original post by tans
how did everyone's interviews go today?

Really well thanks! They're all so lovely and friendly there and there's tons of time to talk to everyone else who's being interviewed :3 actually had such a good day
Reply 96
Original post by HFY
Really well thanks! They're all so lovely and friendly there and there's tons of time to talk to everyone else who's being interviewed :3 actually had such a good day

oh thats great news best of luck!!! how did you find the role play? was it as stressful as everyone is thinking atm ?
Reply 97
Original post by HFY

Any advice for us worrypots? :frown: I'm just a bit confused about the group session - how did you find the interviewers? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
does anyone have an interview on 27th jan session 1?
Reply 99
Original post by tans
oh thats great news best of luck!!! how did you find the role play? was it as stressful as everyone is thinking atm ?

Thank you!! It's not too bad, I preferred the one at Manchester but it's not too stressful I promise!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending