The Student Room Group

What are your favorite movie soundtracks?

As the title says :smile:

Some of mine are:

CLU - Tron Legacy

I'm Not a Hero - The Dark Knight

Fargo Soundtrack - Original (1996) film

In the House, In a Heartbeat - 28 Days Later

Gandalf's Fall - Lord of the Rings

Memories (Someone We'll Never Know) - Moon

Memento Soundtrack (Main Theme)

District 9 (Main Theme)
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Dream Is Collapsing - Inception
Main Theme - Star Wars
Main Theme - Indiana Jones
Gotham's Reckoning - The Dark Knight Rises
The Fellowship - Lord Of The Rings
Molossus - Batman Begins/The Dark Knight
Mission - The Transporter

Also, the music in the trailer for Batman V Superman is pretty good - if that appears in the final film, I'll be psyched. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by asif007
Dream Is Collapsing - Inception
Main Theme - Star Wars
Main Theme - Indiana Jones
Gotham's Reckoning - The Dark Knight Rises
Molossus - Batman Begins/The Dark Knight
Mission - The Transporter

Also, the music in the trailer for Batman V Superman is pretty good - if that appears in the final film, I'll be psyched. :smile:

They are all great.

Particularly Molossus!!! Really like Gotham's Reckoning too.

P.S. Just checked out the Batman vs. Superman. Had a really good soundtrack :tongue: Very excited.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
The whole soundtracks to Birdman, and Whiplash, are two of I've heard in recent years. Big fan of Trent Reznor's work with the Social Network, and the majority of Hans Zimmer's.
Reply 4
Original post by Mackay
The whole soundtracks to Birdman, and Whiplash, are two of I've heard in recent years. Big fan of Trent Reznor's work with the Social Network, and the majority of Hans Zimmer's.

Big fan of Trent Reznor! Great music on that film.
Hans I really appreciate but find his music to be a bit samey. Though maybe I have just listened to it far too much in the past.
Reply 5
Les Miserables
Wicked
Midnight Express
Well the complete soundtracks of Nowhere (1997), Lost Highway (1997), and Baby Boy (2001).
Reply 7
Original post by hellodave5
Big fan of Trent Reznor! Great music on that film.
Hans I really appreciate but find his music to be a bit samey. Though maybe I have just listened to it far too much in the past.

I agree. I actually prefer his Inception work, rather than the Dark Knight trilogy.
Reply 8
Original post by digitalangel18
Well the complete soundtracks of Nowhere (1997), Lost Highway (1997), and Baby Boy (2001).

I mean to watch the Lost Highway!
Got the David Lynch Collection but not got round to watching his stuff yet.
Reply 9
Original post by Mackay
I agree. I actually prefer his Inception work, rather than the Dark Knight trilogy.

Ahh. The Dream is Collapsing. ^^
Original post by Racoon
Les Miserables
Wicked
Midnight Express

Ah, another film I need to see!
Found this one of the Midnight Express. Liking it

[video="youtube;-F82qvkeN6o"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F82qvkeN6o[/video]
The entire lord of the Rings trilogy soundtrack

Nothing comes close to it
Inception - Time

Interstellar - Stay and No time for caution :coma:

Hans ZImmer pretty much rocks every piece he creates, he's a genius - really completes a movie and makes it that lil bit more epic.
Reply 13
A surprising question, but for me a stand-out movie soundtrack would have to be the one that accompanied Dredd.

It was a very atypical soundtrack, but fit the movie perfectly and I think actually uplifted the scenarios. Admittedly listening to it out of context might sound a bit strange to your ears, since it's such a heavy and at times even ear-wrenching soundtrack (the electronic patch instrumentation is deliberately very, very rough), it couldn't have fit the horrific and at times slightly surreal settings of the film better.

Aside from that, I'm gonna have to go in on the guilty pleasure points on the godawful funk bass and drumming that accompanied the gleefully lousy American Ninja movies - especially the original, the stand-out best-worst - if anyone's ever had the dubious fortunes of seeing them.

As for a particular composer, Ennio Morricone is the man. Trite it may seem now, but the fact is - he made it 'trite' in the first place, haha! All credit. And who doesn't love a Western, or at least has a grudging liking for them?
(edited 8 years ago)
over the hedge - still (by Ben folds)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
As the title says :smile:

[video="youtube;WSeTTH54Pv4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSeTTH54Pv4[/video]

Always cheers me up :smile:
Original post by Racoon

The best
Original post by starlight82
Inception - Time

Interstellar - Stay and No time for caution :coma:

Hans ZImmer pretty much rocks every piece he creates, he's a genius - really completes a movie and makes it that lil bit more epic.

Hans Zimmer is amazing but the lord of the Rings soundtrack is just the best
Original post by Shotte
A surprising question, but for me a stand-out movie soundtrack would have to be the one that accompanied Dredd.

It was a very atypical soundtrack, but fit the movie perfectly and I think actually uplifted the scenarios. Admittedly listening to it out of context might sound a bit strange to your ears, since it's such a heavy and at times even ear-wrenching soundtrack (the electronic patch instrumentation is deliberately very, very rough), it couldn't have fit the horrific and at times slightly surreal settings of the film better.

Aside from that, I'm gonna have to go in on the guilty pleasure points on the godawful funk bass and drumming that accompanied the gleefully lousy American Ninja movies - especially the original, the stand-out best-worst - if anyone's ever had the dubious fortunes of seeing them.

As for a particular composer, Ennio Morricone is the man. Trite it may seem now, but the fact is - he made it 'trite' in the first place, haha! All credit. And who doesn't love a Western, or at least has a grudging liking for them?

Agree completely. Dredd Soundtrack is on my Spotify, and was tempted to put it on my little list on here. I really love that film (and most other extremely gritty films).
Ennio Morricone... I recall The Good, Bad and the Ugly... and The Thing, as being awesome.
I mean to watch the Lost Highway!
Got the David Lynch Collection but not got round to watching his stuff yet.

The first time I saw it I was so confused but after going on Google and watching it again it's amazing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending