The Student Room Group

Childhood TV shows

What TV shows did you used to watch?

I was thinking about The Boot Street Band earlier. It was on BBC 1 (kids TV) circa 1993. The show was about an unusual school (it was basically run by the pupils) who ran a business from the school. It was always funny - the headmaster was eccentric, and one of the teachers was a dog. Anyone remember it?

Spatz was good too.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Barney.

Noddy.

Postman Pat.

;yes;
Reply 2
fun house!

and something about a really bad choir... Out of Tune! (sorry it just came to me, lol)
Reply 3
spiked_elf

and something about a really bad choir... Out of Tune! (sorry it just came to me, lol)

As soon as I read the first post I thought of that show aswell but couldn't remember the name.
Reply 4
Round the Twist. And that one on Nickelodean about the ghost stories for kids, cant remember its name!!! :confused:
Reply 5
thisbemadness
Round the Twist. And that one on Nickelodean about the ghost stories for kids, cant remember its name!!! :confused:

Are you thinking of 'Are you afraid of the dark?'?
My favourites were Barney, Sooty, Brum, Playdays and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (not the rubbish ones they have on now lol). I used to like Fun house and that one where you run around a house trashing it to find a clue.
Reply 6
My faves were - Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog (the darker series which appeared after the more goofy Adventures of...). I loved Robotnik, for reasons still unknown to me.

I also watched - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Are you afraid of the dark?, Bailey Kippers POV, Stickin' Around, Kablam!, Looney Tunes, Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, Aaaah Real Monsters, Round the Twist, Doug and Rugrats. Predominently old school Nickelodeon shows, Nickelodeon now sucks so much in comparison to the early 90s.
Reply 7
kid shows suck all together in comparision to the 90s!

kenan and kel baby! boy meets world, sabrina, alex mack lol, clarissa explains it all, saved by the bell!
Reply 8
kid shows suck all together in comparision to the 90s!

Good point, what the heck has been happening to children's tv lately?

kenan and kel baby! boy meets world, sabrina, alex mack lol, clarissa explains it all, saved by the bell!

All good, I also liked how a few Nickelodeon actors were pretty much just passed around shows. For example, Melissa Joan Hart did Clarissa, Sabrina, Are you afraid of the dark? and appeared on Teen Angel.
Tia and Tamera Mowry did Sister Sister, the boy genius show with Taj Mowry and appeared on Are you afraid of the dark?.
Kenan and Kel had their own show, they started out on the Nickelodeon show All that (I don't believe the UK got the early eps of this show but it was the one where the Good Burger and Superdude shorts came from, I think we got the show later when the episodes were all rubbish and started featuring Jamie Spears) and appeared in Sister Sister.
Reply 9
Captain Planet!
Reply 10
OMG i loved captain planet!! I even had the ring :biggrin:

I forgot about sister sister! I miss kid shows :frown:
how did sister sister end??? and sabrina as well. i can remember tia and tamara going to college and having 2 bfs (both were bald i think, one was a bit daft) and in sabrina she found the family secret. lol, i stopped watching when she went to college and got rid of harvey. i heard that in the final series even aunt zelda and hilda weren't in it anymore! :eek:
Goosebumps, Scooby Doo, Wacky Races and many more!
Reply 13
how did sister sister end???

The last episode was Lisa's wedding to Victor, Ray gets a new job (in the political field, not sure specifically) and is going to move to England, Tamera plans on travelling to Africa (I think it was Africa) with her real dad and Tia takes an internship with the WNBA

i heard that in the final series even aunt zelda and hilda weren't in it anymore!

No, Hilda got married and moved to the other realm. Sabrina before the final season had been turned to stone and Zelda gave up her adulthood to save her and so had become a child, I believe she went to the other realm too. Hilda appeared in the final episode at Sabrina's wedding (which she didn't go through with, she ended up running off with Harvey), Zelda appeared at the wedding as a candle (the actress didn't appear at all) as she let the witches council turn her into a candle so that Sabrina's mother could attend the wedding and not turn into a ball of wax.
Sabrina spent the last season living in the same house with former college roomates Roxy and Morgan and Sabrina worked as a journalist.
Power Rangers!!!!!!
Reply 15
Ah I didn't really watch Sabrina when she went to college, all turned a bit rubbish! I did watch the last few minutes of the last episode when she ran off with Harvey though lol.
Reply 16
If we're talking reaaallly young, anyone remember playdays?
Reply 18
Playdays :biggrin: I used to get all the magazines too, they'd be worth a fortune now...if my little brother hadn't ripped them apart :frown:
Was there a thing on Playdays called Why bird? Or something.
Haha found it: http://www.davidajsullivan.com/resources/Playdays.jpg

And then there was Rosie's magical musical merry go round *sings*

I remember too much.

Latest