The Student Room Group

Tips to get over the guy who broke my heart

Tips to get over the guy who broke my heart?

1) Find other men
I can't really do this as I am not going to be at uni for a while. I dont live in a space where I can meet new guys that quickly.

2) Keep busy
I can't really do this as I just end up crying. I may be doing some work, that I actually enjoy but then tears just fall from my eyes. And then I replay the whole situation in my head again.

Help? I need better tips and I am sure others on TSR need some too.

Thank you.
If I'm trying to forget about someone, I just think of the worst things X has done, and the traits I don't like to put myself off. Usually though I'll try not to think about it at all. (Easier said than done I know)

Honestly though, time is the best healer, hopefully you'll get over him quickly. :smile:
Reply 2
Time heals all wounds, just remember that you're not the only one to have suffered the cruel fate of having "a broken heart" as they say. :/

Life is like a roller coaster. It's turbulent, you just need to learn that this is part and parcel of life, you'll have times when you feel really low and those close to you will hurt you. And you may even feel like life is not worth living no more. But it will get better eventually I promise.You just need to let the wound heal because what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger. And when you find that new love in your life, it will ignite your love for him twice as much as the first one.

Having a broken heart is something a lot of people experience in life, you're not the only one. So try to stay positive and know that you will find someone else, it's just a question of being patient and waiting for that spark to happen again.:smile:

Just stay positive.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
I've been there. Find another one or flirt with everyone will only make it worse. Watch videos of Matthew Hussey and Noah Elkrief that talk about that, they're the only thing that helped me when I went through that. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Fiduciam
If I'm trying to forget about someone, I just think of the worst things X has done, and the traits I don't like to put myself off. Usually though I'll try not to think about it at all. (Easier said than done I know)

Honestly though, time is the best healer, hopefully you'll get over him quickly. :smile:

This is great advice, thank you :redface: In all fairness, there isnt much X has done that I have disliked. I guess there is one thing.. oh and the fact that he broke my heart LOL. But yeah this will help :smile:

That is true. Hopefully I will! Thanks :biggrin:
Reading Katie Hopkin's twitter has helped me a good lot in getting over a bad breakup
Reply 6
Original post by Ya Dunno
Time heals all wounds, just remember that you're not the only one to have suffered the cruel fate of having "a broken heart" as they say. :/

Life is like a roller coaster. It's turbulent, you just need to learn that this is part and parcel of life, you'll have times when you feel really low and those close to you will hurt you. And you may even feel like life is not worth living no more. But it will get better eventually I promise.You just need to let the wound heal because what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger. And when you find that new love in your life, it will ignite your love for him twice as much as the first one.

Having a broken heart is something a lot of people experience in life, you're not the only one. So try to stay positive and know that you will find someone else, it's just a question of being patient and waiting for that spark to happen again.:smile:

Just stay positive.

Hi, Ya Dunno :smile:

Thanks for that. It must have taken a while to write and I really appreciate that. I know I am not the only one to be heartbroken, which just makes me feel sadder. I wouldnt wish this feeling on anyone. My eyes are actually swollen from all this crying :frown: But yes I will be fine eventually. "What doesnt kill you makes you stronger" oh I love that song :redface: the words are so true. Thank you so so much. Everything you have said is just so so true, I guess I just needed a reminder. Thanks for that :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by annac7
I've been there. Find another one or flirt with everyone will only make it worse. Watch videos of Matthew Hussey and Noah Elkrief that talk about that, they're the only thing that helped me when I went through that. Good luck
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I thought it would, I wasnt sure but thanks for confirming it. Ah I shall try that thanks :smile:
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
Reading Katie Hopkin's twitter has helped me a good lot in getting over a bad breakup

I shall check it out! :smile: I hope you are all ok now :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending