The Student Room Group

A guy who automatically want to get with you just based on how you look worth it?

I never trusted guys who want to talk to you just based on how you look. They want to get with you without even having a conversation with you first. Do you think these guys are worth it?

This guy I'm talking about is cousins with MY cousins husband so it's not just a random guy on the street. but still id like to know, why would a guy want to talk to you without it being casual and go with the flow kind of thing?

Feel me or I'm making no sense?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Because the other alternative is approaching women we don't find attractive. They might turn out to be wonderful people but if one isn't attracted to them then what do you hope we will achieve by doing this?

Attractiveness is the quickest criteria we can determine so it makes sense for it to be prioritised accordingly.
Reply 2
Original post by xobeauty
I never trusted guys who want to talk to you just based on how you look. They want to get with you without even having a conversation with you first. Do you think these guys are worth it?

This guy I'm talking about is cousins with MY cousins husband so it's not just a random guy on the street. but still id like to know, why would a guy want to talk to you without it being casual and go with the flow kind of thing?

It's biological, we automatically find better looking people will have better offspring, its not something we do out of choice, we do it out of evolution and our need to survive. Don't be so quick to judge.

What other basis would thye have for talking to you?

You realise us guys cannot be pursueing every bloody woman we come across to figure out her deep deep secrets to see if she is a perfect match? It is just way way way too time consuming, plus emotionally tiring.
As others have said, if they don't already know you, why else would they come and talk to you if they don't already know you?
Obviously they're going to base it on whether they're initially attracted to your appearance. After that, they'll find out what your personality is and take it from there.
Reply 5
Beauty can be subjective... Much nicer for someone to admire inner and outer beauty, ie knowing someone just because the way they look is a bit superficial and knowing someone better because of not just the way they look but also their personality can lead to a more satisfying relationship.
Original post by ebam_uk
Beauty can be subjective... Much nicer for someone to admire inner and outer beauty, ie knowing someone just because the way they look is a bit superficial and knowing someone better because of not just the way they look but also their personality can lead to a more satisfying relationship.

Exactly. It's gives me a bad vibe when guys do this.
Original post by TorpidPhil
What other basis would thye have for talking to you?

You realise us guys cannot be pursueing every bloody woman we come across to figure out her deep deep secrets to see if she is a perfect match? It is just way way way too time consuming, plus emotionally tiring.

Casually getting to know me, around family.... Observing me first and how I interact with others first ?
This makes sense, they tend to show their true colours very quickly! Be prepared for a dick pic aha :colone:
Immoral nonetheless. Chat first. Always!
Well anyways guys. I didn't know he was interested in me till after when I got home. He only managed to say hi to me, apparently he was unsure because we were around family. Next time I see him I know what's up and won't give him the time of day.
Exactly. It's gives me a bad vibe when guys do this.

Yeah exactly this.
Lol the vast majority of men and women will base things on physical attraction, and nothing wrong with that.
Reply 13
You need to be attracted to someone..lol
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
Lol the vast majority of men and women will base things on physical attraction, and nothing wrong with that.

If you adamantly believe there's nothing wrong with it why are you anon? :colonhash:
edit: I'm not disagreeing lol
No, they aren't worth it, he will leave you once your looks fade :redface:
girls probably dont realise, if you are attractive to a guy, whatever you say will interest them.
Original post by samina_ay
No, they aren't worth it, he will leave you once your looks fade :redface:

And their eyes will always be wandering. I like a guy who doesn't see a girl until he actually talks to her.
Original post by Jaska
girls probably dont realise, if you are attractive to a guy, whatever you say will interest them.

And same with the next pretty girl he sees. Guys like this aren't worth your time.
I've met a few guys like this and I don't think they're worth my time really. If I like a guy, it's a mix of looks and his personality.

Quick Reply

Latest