The Student Room Group

What social class are you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Snufkin
2 mods/ex-mods are working class. 9 mods/ex-mods/CT members are middle or upper class. Even TSR is ruled by a bourgeois elite! :stomp:

@Magnum Opus @MrDystopia @BurstingBubbles @Helenia @Lyrical Prodigy @Penguinsaysquack @Plagioclase @Sazzy890 @shooks @The_Internet @Craghyrax

Working class indeed. You must've been quite bored to look through this though.
Original post by Princepieman
I dont hate myself... I think I'm fabulous actually!

Nigerian/Chinese/Jamaican

wait, not being racist, but your Blackaneese!?!?!?
are you light skined with the asian eyes?
Middle
I don't know. I grew up in a country that doesn't really have a class system. Working class, I suppose?
Original post by kearB siV
wait, not being racist, but your Blackaneese!?!?!?
are you light skined with the asian eyes?

Grandma on my dad's side is Chinese, and no, I'm not light skinned lol. Yeah, eyes are the only slightly reminiscent thing tbh.
Original post by BurstingBubbles
I was being modest, I'm actually upper class. You're all peasants :hat:

Spoiler

Defs middle middle at this point tbh
Original post by Helenia
Well, at the mod meet everyone's watching to see if you use the correct fork. If you accidentally say "serviette" then you'll never make it to Section Leader.

Which one are you?

I'm definitely working class, though I will probably be considered middle class once I graduate and get a job. I'm the first person in my family to go to uni, we're from a not very affluent rural town and I'm lucky to have got into uni and moved away
Reply 228
Not wishing to be immodest. Upper class, went to eton and then kings cam, we own an estate in Chesham and Amersham
Original post by IBIB
Not wishing to be immodest. Upper class, went to eton and then kings cam, we own an estate in Chesham and Amersham

Yeah and I'm the son of the Maharaja of Delhi.
Middle class. I think my parents have a joint income of slightly below £100,000.
Original post by silverbolt
well ive always considered myself to be working class.

But (by UK standards) seeing as i own my home in the country and my job is classed as a professional (even if it doesnt pay that well atm) i suppose you lot would class me as middle class

Well if it doesn't pay well you are working class.
Original post by TheTechN1304
Yeah haha. NHS salary goes up to £100k for consultants but the majority of his income is from private practice.

I'm surprised doctors earn £400,000.
Original post by IamJacksContempt
Stop letting anecdotal bias cloud your judgement. Of course many rich people and ceo got where they were due to working hard and continue to work hard. But not every wealthy person has had to work hard for their position.

I agree. Alot of wealthy people say they do hard work but some people with low paid salaries work just as hard e.g people on nightshift.

I don't think it's fair to say that hard work gives a good salary because that's not actually the case. Most wealthy people are business owners.
Original post by Maggie_O
You're 25 and you already own your own home?

Yes, well jointly with my fiance.
Original post by Snufkin
2 mods/ex-mods are working class. 9 mods/ex-mods/CT members are middle or upper class. Even TSR is ruled by a bourgeois elite! :stomp:

@Magnum Opus @MrDystopia @BurstingBubbles @Helenia @Lyrical Prodigy @Penguinsaysquack @Plagioclase @Sazzy890 @shooks @The_Internet @Craghyrax

Note, our social class was not a topic of conversation when we were invited to join the mod team :tongue: Also I was probably still in the working class at the time I joined the mod team.
Original post by Frostyjoe
Well if it doesn't pay well you are working class.

Fine, im working class.
Reply 237
Are people still commenting on here?
Reply 238
Original post by maximo17000
I also like being controversial lol

I have quite the rep on this site for being controversial aha
Reply 239
I like controversy :lol:

I have 2 blue cards on this site

and 1 reminder lol

Quick Reply