The Student Room Group

Places worth trying for summer/eventual uni-transfer jobs?

Within the next few months, I start working at a nursing home every single Saturday and Sunday (I currently do every other Saturday). This would mean I do 44 hours a month, at £7.40 an hour. I'm saving the majority of this cash but feel I could do a bit more in regards to money at university (if all goes well, I should have close to £1,700 in savings, but I feel it may be too little? Not sure).

I want to find a job for the summer, but if I'm working Saturday and Sunday I won't want to work Monday to Friday also. Also, I need somewhere that can possibly get me a transfer to another branch, as I'm off to university in September.

Is it worth trying in places like big-name supermarkets, department stores, etc.? I have previous bar and retail experience if that helps (I've worked for two companies which both had a transfer policy - Woolworths and Wetherspoons - but neither of these positions worked out/were temporary contracts).
Reply 1
Tesco is decent pay and offers student transfers. You'd be able to work quite alot as there is normally alot of overtime going over the summer. Most places wouldnt be bothered if you told them you were probably going to uni but would look to transfer within the company.

Latest

Trending

Trending