The Student Room Group

getting withdrawn from university

Hi, I have a question about the withdrawal at third year of university. I would like to ask you, if i have been withdrawn from university for not completing two modules. Is there any way to finish that year by just taking two exams for those or I need to start over that year again ? Thanks
Original post by met0s
Hi, I have a question about the withdrawal at third year of university. I would like to ask you, if i have been withdrawn from university for not completing two modules. Is there any way to finish that year by just taking two exams for those or I need to start over that year again ? Thanks

Think it probably depends on the university, should probably contact your university (Ive only known people to be able to complete a couple of modules in the summer resit period or split and do 60 credits one year and 60 the next). Good luck
Read your university's academic regulations to see what they allow. Why did you not complete two modules?
Reply 3
I've had family issues and I did not show up on resits, I also forgot to fill MCT form. The result is that I have been withdrawn from course.
Reply 4
Is there any way to use the modules I have completed towards a year at different University ?
Get a grip. You're a third year student, not a fresher. You didn't show up? To exams you'd previously failed? And forgot to fill in a form? Everyone has some sort of issues along the way, but it doesn't sound like you've done anything to help yourself here.

How much do you want your degree? How much effort are you prepared to put in to sort out the mess? Read your academic regulations and contact your SU. You've got an uphill battle ahead of you. Good luck.
Reply 6
I assure you that wasn't a "some sort of issues" This is what happened, I completely understand the situation and how it looks. I have moved to different part of the country and I am just wondering if is there any way to use my completed modules if I want to repeat a year at different University.
So you're thinking about new universities? You'll have to contact them and explain your situation and see if they'll take you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending