The Student Room Group

I'm going to go for it, I'm going to ask her out this Friday. Advise.

There's this girl on my course I've had the hots for these last couple of weeks. She's adorable and makes me feel all funny when she's around.

We've had a lot of eye contact over these weeks and I would really like to speak to her one to one.

A particular eye contact occasion made me think that she finds me at least attractive. I've also got a gut feeling, which doesn't usually fail me.

We have a seminar this Friday at 10 am, and I feel like asking her after it, but I'm not sure how I can get her away from her friends just to ask her...

We have spoken a couple of times, generally during debates, but she had her tilted on her hand when she was watching me speak and would laugh quite loud when I made some dumb jokes...

Exams/revision/coursework are coming up thick and fast, so it's pretty much now or never.

Advice, s'il vous plait :smile:
You don't need advice, other than "just do it"...
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
You don't need advice, other than "just do it"...

Attachment not found

It's slightly nerve-racking though :s-smilie:

But on the other hand, maybe she's waiting for me to make a move?
Original post by Anonymous
Attachment not found

It's slightly nerve-racking though :s-smilie:

But on the other hand, maybe she's waiting for me to make a move?

You got nothing to lose m8, it won't be as awkward as you thought once you do it
Reply 4
You got nothing to lose m8, it won't be as awkward as you thought once you do it

This is what I'm thinking I should say... to keep it nice and sweet.

"I'd really like to get to know you, so how about we grab a coffee or something later?"

Is that too tacky?
Reply 5

"I'd really like to get to know you, so how about we grab a coffee or something later?"

Is that too tacky?

And would it be awkward to ask her name before all that?
And would it be awkward to ask her name before all that?

Erm, I'm sure if you've seen her in seminars then you do know her name by now?
Reply 7
Erm, I'm sure if you've seen her in seminars then you do know her name by now?

Well no, that's the thing. She doesn't know my name either.

I admit I could've and should've asked her last week, but I didn't...

I'll probably just say "Sorry, I didn't catch your name..."
As you have exams coming soon, Ask her if she wants to study with you? Doesn't matter if she's with friends when u ask that as while studying u can pop the question if she wants to go for a coffee or something.

Is that too tacky?

I'd be flattered if someone said that to me :smile: sounds good
I'd be flattered if someone said that to me :smile: sounds good

Should I ask for her name too?

I might go sit next to her for the seminar then, because it might make it easier to get her name, then I can get talking with her and leave the class with her and ask then.
Dont prepare - be casual and cool

Just generally don't make a big deal out of it and she should come with you
Goodluck
"Sorry, I didn't catch your name..."

... followed by a short exchange, which you can end with...

Sounds good to me. Go for it :wink:
Go for it! Don't over think it, but start by showing an interest in her and her life (a simple "how you doing" or "so what'd you think of the lecture"), respond appropriately to what she says, then say "I was wondering if you wanted to catch a coffee or get a drink at some point over the weekend". Simple as that, and best of luck! :smile:
Original post by Alexion
... followed by a short exchange, which you can end with...

Sounds good to me. Go for it :wink:

I might be able to catch her name during the seminar, provided I sit on her table - which I will if she shows up at the same time as me and/or there's space.

I'll try and catch up with her after the seminar and do what you've advised :smile:
There's this girl on my course I've had the hots for these last couple of weeks. She's adorable and makes me feel all funny when she's around.

We've had a lot of eye contact over these weeks and I would really like to speak to her one to one.

A particular eye contact occasion made me think that she finds me at least attractive. I've also got a gut feeling, which doesn't usually fail me.

We have a seminar this Friday at 10 am, and I feel like asking her after it, but I'm not sure how I can get her away from her friends just to ask her...

We have spoken a couple of times, generally during debates, but she had her tilted on her hand when she was watching me speak and would laugh quite loud when I made some dumb jokes...

Exams/revision/coursework are coming up thick and fast, so it's pretty much now or never.

Advice, s'il vous plait :smile:

when you both have seminars, sit next to her and chat, ask her out and do it cos I say so cos otherwise you'll regret like I did and there's never been another that has come along as nice unfortunately. go for it or regret it but have a little plan on what to say in advance. good luck. Ashley

Quick Reply

Latest