The Student Room Group

International student, looking for a Sixth Form college

Greetings! I'm new here to the Student Room forums.

I'm a student who just finished my IGCSE at an International School in Bangkok. My parents have decided to send me to the UK for my A-Levels, and are in the process of selecting which Sixth Form college to send me to. Any suggestions as to which one I should go to I could pass on to them?

Their preferences (and to some extent, mines) are that the full annual costs are somewhere up to about 36000 pounds; the boarding rooms are single-capacity (one student per room); that the school itself does not have too many pupils (I'm used to working in small classes, was of ten to twelve per class back at my school); that there is a well-defined international community (I'd prefer not to be the only foreign student in class); and that they offer Mathematics, Computer Science/Computing, Physics, and History or Psychology, all in the form of A-Levels.

One of their main requirements for where I go to is that they prefer it is not directly IN London, but somewhere within 1-3 hours of train ride distance from London. I'm not very knowledgeable on locations and regions in England, so be sure to add any facts on location and position clearly.

Thanks in advance?

edit: I'd like to add that they sort of prefer that the college should be one that's founded not too long ago. This is not a requirement, but more of their preference. I'm guessing they mean it should be founded/started at least after the 1920-30s or something.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Oldswinford Hospital school has a great sixth form; it's about a 2.5 hour train ride from London as it is in Stourbridge. you can just google it- they have a website. I know someone who goes there and they love it, also they study Maths, Physics, Biology and Chemistry, which is similar to your subjects.
What year of entry are you applying for?
Cardiff College? But the journey to London can take anywhere between 2 hours 45 minutes and a long long time (Sorry I'm not being specific)
Reply 4
Hi students, I need your help : I am mother of son, 16 years old. We live in Istanbul and we are moving to London because of my job that summer.
I learned that my son should register to the sixth form schools for 12 year. He is a student of science high school and a very succesful student in his school.
What should we do for his school registration to Sixth Form state school ? Unfortunately we can not afford him for private schools.
Many thanks for your valuable advise in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending