The Student Room Group

Filming fights in the UK

I am at school in England and I filmed a video at school where a boy was trying to do push ups and some other pupils were egging him on with swear words and 2 people kicked him. Now I posted this stupidly on a closed whatsapp group chat with 13 other people in my own year who were all there. One of them snitched on me, the video was 1 month ago and I was only snitched on now. I didn't bully anyone all I did was film it and I might be suspended for it. My phone has been confiscated until Monday when my dad comes in to talk which I don't think is right. I have other fight videos on my phone and he said he was debating to see whether thee police should take it to get all the videos which is clearly an empty threat because I broke no laws. Videoing is forbidden in school but a boy last year got a 3 hour saturday detention for filming a real fight and posting it on instagram and tagging the school. I don't think my punishment is fair, they are saying I won't ever be allowed to bring a smartphone in school again. I stupidly divulged that I had more of those videos on my phone. Can they get the police involved?
As someone who was severely bullied at school I would say you were pretty complicit in the act. Acts of violence or humiliation from one person to another are not acceptable. You stood by and recorded it for your own pleasure and the pleasure of others. You could have helped. You could have stopped the attack and humiliation. You choose not to.

You are a bully. Shame on you. You will hopefully get what you deserve and I hope it will be a lesson to you.
Shouldn't have let them take your phone or you at least should have removed the battery. Schools are basically above the law in this kind of thing which is daft. Depending on the school you'll probably just get a slap on the wrist and a detention. No big deal.
If you're filming fights on your phone, you've probably got other things to be worried about than whether or not it's legal. For one, there's the fact that you live on a council estate...
By videoing it, essentially you are a part of the bullying, especially since you did so with the intention of sharing the recorded footage of others in a group chat as a form of "entertainment" for you all. You will probably be in as much trouble as those who were actually fighting; you've also given the school evidence of what happened.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending