The Student Room Group

Parents bough me a Toyota Yaris as a first car

wtf is this crap, 04 plate as well. maybe if I was about to collect my pension in a couple years It would be suitable but nah Id rather walk.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What were you expecting? Lambo, Rarri or Merc? Smh I'd be happy with any car.
Somebody's an entitled brat...
Reply 3
Don't see anything wrong with that car (especially as your first one), unless you want to show off your wealth or something
Reply 4
I'm not really fussy when it comes to cars but this looks like a bigger Nissan Micra . would be perfect if I was a grandad but I'm not. Would rather wait and get a VW Golf TDI or a Honda type R
Then I suggest you start making your own money and buying your own ****ing car rather than relying on mummy and daddy. Suppose they're paying your insurance for you as well, are they?
So? Be thankful your parents are paying for the car in the first place. Hell, they're probably paying for your insurance as well... Unless you start making your own money, you don't have much of a choice. The best way would've been to compromise, you get X car as long as you pay for insurance.

Hell, be thankful you have car in the first place... Some people have to rely on public transport to get to where they need to go. It's not as if it's a hunk of junk, it's not the best looking car, but it's a Toyota, those things are built to last.
Original post by khyuma
wtf is this crap, 04 plate as well. maybe if I was about to collect my pension in a couple years It would be suitable but nah Id rather walk.

Send it to me for free I'll take it if you don't want it :wink:
I love that car ! It's comfy and not too big it's also not too heavy so it's nice to drive - you're lucky ! And if I remember rightly it's got 5 doors (including boot) an the boot is big enough to fit a dog so you should be really thankful - my friends family has one and it's 5 years old at least 😄plus Japanese cars are really trustworthy they won't break down easily especially toyotas! (From my exp)
Reply 9
That was a nice gesture for them to make...
I wish my parents had the money to buy me a car... They cant even afford a new one for them, much less one for me.... And a toyota yaris is an awesome car... I'm having my driving lessons in one of those and i love it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Hydeman
Somebody's an entitled brat...

Pretty much what I was going to post...

Sounds like a pretty decent first car to me, not all parents would buy their kids a car either, grow up OP, get a job and buy your own car if you're not happy with it :rolleyes:
Original post by Olie
Pretty much what I was going to post...

Sounds like a pretty decent first car to me, not all parents would buy their kids a car either, grow up OP, get a job and buy your own car if you're not happy with it :rolleyes:

I guess I take it a little more personally because my mum drives a Toyota Yaris. Not her first car either. :lol:
Consider yourself grateful. The only form of transport I got off my parents was a push bike. With stabilisers.
Trollolol
Perhaps you'd fancy a game of pétanque? :biggrin:
You sound like an ungrateful brat, save up and buy your own car if you are going to be picky.
laughing @ OP.
M8 be happy they even brought you a car
when i pass my test all i will get is a congrats :yy:
Self-entitled prick , lel.

Quick Reply