The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
We have to hand ours in on Friday.
The courier is coming first thing on Monday to pick it up!!

Mine could be better but I've had enough.
Instead of using the marking instructions as a guide I stupidly used someone else's report from a years back as she had done the exact same investigation as me.
But I really don't wont to go back and change it.
It's just a few little things :p:
Reply 21
O, i know im being really dumb but i cant do errors (you wouldnt believe i got an A in H physics wud ya!!!)

the scales used are accurate to +/- 0.01 ( so the potential error is +/- 0.005?? right??)
the burettes n pipettes used are accurate to +/- 0.1 (so that is the potential error?? right??)
and my final answers have been rounded up to 3d.p. (so my potential error is +/- 0.0005?? right??)

now i want to find out the total percetage error, or standard deviation or whatever its meant to be!! i dont have a clue what to do.

i want to be able to write at the eand of my results: ' all results have the 'something' error of +/- 'X'.

please please! help me! i dont have a clue what to do!?
Reply 22
I was going to do that, tried, failed and gave up and Im doing higher physics and can do the errors bit.

Find the largest of the individual errors, use this to calculate the % error in the final result
So from wat you've posted burettes are the least accurate so work out +/- 0.1 as a percentage for all results.

I think.
Handed mine in last wednesday, now just got a tonne of revision to do so the hard work was worth it. When my teacher marked my investigation before I added the evaluation/discussion, I had 17 marks in the back or there abouts as I had a lot of chemistry in the introduction. So glad its over!

Biology is the same, didnt get it marked but was told it was "very good" so time will tell...

Latest

Trending

Trending