The Student Room Group

The Official Arab Beauty Appreciation Thread

Scroll to see replies

OP I already made a similar thread a while back
Reply 41
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
Only Nazis think that

Persians are Persian, from Persia, before the middle ages, northern Europe was an absolute tip of ignorance and stupidity.

The irony is that those you call ignorant and stupid are scientifically correct and you are wrong. Persians and Iranic peoples existed for millennia before any form of 'Arab' identity and language even existed. Persia was the only real global power in the 'West' from antiquity up until relatively modern history, even then it enforced significant influences through proxies. Linguistically, Old Iranian languages such as Avestani significantly affected Proto European languages which in itself drew significant vocabulary from both Sanskrit and Iranian languages. Languages such as Serbian, Polish and ofcourse through proxy English and French. I can give you many proofs of this if you want.

It is only natural, given the power and influence of Persia , for nearly 2 millennia Persia was either the hegemony in the Western hemisphere or was the counter to Greco-Roman empires. This was before the inhabitants of the Arabian peninsula had anything remotely resembling civilization (of course the Levantines and such did but these are not ethnic Arabs). As such, due to the classical interaction between Indic & Iranic empires which expanded westward it is natural for it to both exert and borrow linguistically. This is without covering the Proto-Indo European language which according to many scholars originated in Central Asia before its 'Mongolization'.

Of course today, the Middle Eastern languages have borrowed from each other to such an extent it is often unclear where the roots of many words lie. However, linguistically and genetically Persians are classed as Indo-European people and both genetic markers and linguistics in most do reflect this. Also, I will leave with this as testimony to the influence Old Iranian languages had;

Have a look at my attachment, the language is Avestani, the language of the Zoroastrian holy book the Avesta (which was the first monotheistic religion) which preceded Arabic and Islam by millenia. Now take a look at contemporary Arabic script and evaluate whether or not it is evident where the Arabic alphabet significantly borrowed from old Persian; several letters are essentially direct copies.

Sorry for the extensive post, but It is a topic I have studied quite extensively and do care about.

Quick Reply

Latest