The Student Room Group

Oxford Biomedical Sciences Applicants for 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys, I scored 4.7, 4.3 and 3.5A on the BMAT... I'm an international student (took the MYP - IB equivalent of GCSEs) so I can't compensate really with grades :frown: what do you think my chances are?
Original post by bunnylord
Hi guys, I scored 4.7, 4.3 and 3.5A on the BMAT... I'm an international student (took the MYP - IB equivalent of GCSEs) so I can't compensate really with grades :frown: what do you think my chances are?

Nobody can tell you -- you'll just have to wait for them to get back to you. Worrying about it won't improve your chances though, so it's best not to do it. :smile:
Original post by Hydeman
Nobody can tell you -- you'll just have to wait for them to get back to you. Worrying about it won't improve your chances though, so it's best not to do it. :smile:

Ahhh you're right, I'm just nervous because the responses are supposedly coming soon!! Thanks for the positive outlook :smile:
Anyone else hoping that the number of applicants for this course this year will be unusually low so that a greater percentage get interviewed? I certainly am. :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Hydeman
Anyone else hoping that the number of applicants for this course this year will be unusually low so that a greater percentage get interviewed? I certainly am. :smile:

saaaaaammmee I feel u bro
Hello everyone. I was just wondering when will the invitations be sent out? A little nervous haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joshua2505
Hello everyone. I was just wondering when will the invitations be sent out? A little nervous haha

3rd December, I imagine, since 2 December is the final date for requesting BMAT results enquiries. After that none of the information available to the tutors can change so they can send out interviews/rejections en masse.
Original post by Hydeman
3rd December, I imagine, since 2 December is the final date for requesting BMAT results enquiries. After that none of the information available to the tutors can change so they can send out interviews/rejections en masse.

Ic thank you so much😁😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by bunnylord

I found this page with admissions statistics for medicine (I don't know how different they would be for biomed. Hopefully less competitive):
http://www.medsci.ox.ac.uk/study/bms/applying/admissions-statistics

And yeah, I didn't do GCSEs either and my BMAT scores were very average (4.5, 5.4, 4A) :/
Reply 29
Good to see a group has been made for us 😁😁Btw I am a post A level applicant. Although my A level grades were good my GCSE were a bit low for oxford. Hope they see my A levels too 😣.
Reply 30
Original post by ranasher
Good to see a group has been made for us 😁😁Btw I am a post A level applicant. Although my A level grades were good my GCSE were a bit low for oxford. Hope they see my A levels too 😣.

They should do, they said that significant progression from GCSE to A level is a good sign
Reply 31
what kind of things will people go over for the interview?
Reply 32
Original post by l_ily

did you get an interview? :O
Original post by l_ily

Have you got one? :O I hope they wait until the 3rd for rejections. :frown:

It might be a good idea just to read up on your A Level biology textbook/revision guide and anything you've mentioned on your personal statement (last thing you want is to look like you haven't been honest!). It might do well to read a book or two from the recommended reading list as well although, really, you'll have to be a fast reader to get through anything at this late stage. xD
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by sr111
did you get an interview? :O

Original post by Hydeman
Have you got one? :O I hope they wait until the 3rd for rejections. :frown:

It might be a good idea just to read up on you A Level biology textbook/revision guide and anything you've mentioned on your personal statement (last thing you want is to look like you haven't been honest!). It might do well to read a book or two from the recommended reading list as well although, really, you'll have to be a fast reader to get through anything at this late stage. xD

nope I haven't got one and probably won't- but just wondering in the unlikely case that i do. having said that, BMAT results in general this year seem to be low so perhaps the threshold will have changed?
good luck to everyone though!
Reply 35
Original post by l_ily
nope I haven't got one and probably won't- but just wondering in the unlikely case that i do. having said that, BMAT results in general this year seem to be low so perhaps the threshold will have changed?
good luck to everyone though!

I hope they're low too :frown:
Reply 36
two of my friends have been given medicine interviews at Oxford in the last 3 hours so I assume we will hear back fairly soon too..
Reply 37
Looks like we're going to hear back soon guys! I wish everyone the best of luck :3
I'm really hoping that not many applicants have applied this year. :frown: It's unlikely but still...
Reply 39
Original post by Hydeman
I'm really hoping that not many applicants have applied this year. :frown: It's unlikely but still...

I hope that there's only a small number of applicants too- just because I want an interview soo bad!!!😇

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending