The Student Room Group

How important are GCSE Mock exams?

How important really are GCSE mock exams, as mine start next week and I I will try to do well, but does it really matter if I don't meet my expectations in these? I know that on the one hand, mocks help with predicted grades which help (or hinder) you to have a conditional offer to sixth form. But, on the other hand they help you to see which topics/areas you are struggling in.
Are there January examinations?
GCSE's don't matter at all as long as you get Grade C or above in Maths, english and science
Original post by harry sayers
GCSE's don't matter at all as long as you get Grade C or above in Maths, english and science

You don't matter, unless you're taller than 5 ft.
mocks dont matter at gcse unless you get moved down a set to one with a crap teacher or something. dont stress yourself out
Original post by JurgenKlopp
You don't matter, unless you're taller than 5 ft.

I'm 6ft 5 so i'm good
Original post by harry sayers
I'm 6ft 5 so i'm good

Good. (I don't know why I said that, allow it bro).
Original post by JurgenKlopp
Good. (I don't know why I said that, allow it bro).

Your a nutty geezer that's why.
Reply 8
Well you kind have answered your own question with the predicted grade business.
They are probably more important in being predicted like at least a B in subjects you want to do higher in, as it gives evidence you're capable of higher (if aiming to do higher)
Also it's good to get predicted grades which would give you a conditional place, so for maths that might mean being predicted an A at least for some sixth forms
Most people tend to do better in their real exams that mocks as they work harder for them
Just remember you might have not finished the full course for all your subjects, like for sciences this time last year we still had a full module to complete (which was deemed harder)
But it will help with synoptic work
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Thanks for the advice everyone, I've had the results and they went quite well :smile:
you're in year 11?!
Original post by am_sparkles
Thanks for the advice everyone, I've had the results and they went quite well :smile:

first of all well done
and if u dont mind, can u share ur results with us?
She fancied you but now she knows that you're too old for her.
ah you're my age I thought you were in like year 13

Quick Reply

Latest